Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
this is a tragedy on multiple levels

all the vfx shops that insert muzzle flashes and blood splatters using computers must be licking their lips right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

i am not a physicist or a firearms expert but it seems like plugging up a real gun and then putting blanks in it is maybe not the best idea

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

christmas boots posted:

All true, but we also understand that motorcycles are fundamentally not weapons so we don't really need those descriptors. Like we understand that people aren't supposed to be hit by cars. Guns are typically used for killing things so "prop" is used as--admittedly misleading for the reasons you've noted--shorthand for "this gun wasn't supposed to work like that", immediately framing it as an accident in a way that "Alec Baldwin shoots two people with a gun" wouldn't so much.

it's about transparency in gun accident reporting

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

Testvan posted:

I just read that plot summary of this movie, it centers around an accidental murder :monocle:

i've heard of method acting, but this is ridiculous!

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

punishedkissinger posted:

Baldwin was one of the producers that chose to use non-union labor and this resulted in him accidentally shooting someone

am i getting this right???

yes but you left out the most important part, the exact type of firearm and ammunition used

and the specs of his gaming pc

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

mrfart posted:

Yeah, I don’t get why live rounds are even allowed to be in a 1 mile radius of the loving set.
do they go hunt pheasants on their lunch break? Why are these bullets there ?

clearly they just hired a local gun nut. my question is was this particular gun so cool that he had to borrow it from work or is he too poor to afford his own guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

Sophy Wackles posted:

This is now all sounding suspicious af if the reporting is true about the gun being loaded with live ammo and placed on the cart unattended. And right before that particular scene.

has q said anything about this yet? wigga wigga