Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

Warbadger posted:

they are responsible for seeing that the gun has been made safe by the expert before they play with it.

It's been explained many times in this thread that they aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

Warbadger posted:

normal safety procedure includes a safety check done in front of the actors and crew in this thread

If I missed such a detail than I apologize.

Steadiman posted:

but all those rely entirely on trusting that the (licensed) armory person does their job correctly.

Loading blanks in front of actors has been mentioned, but I take is as for the benefit of the rest of the crew, not putting responsibility on them. Same as the gun safety courses. In news articles where professionals critique what happened on this set, none of them have criticized Baldwin's actions.

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

controversially, i think its the armourer's fault completely 100%

I agree but I also think there is fault with her superiors who didn't fire her the first time it happened. There is more than 100% of fault to go around.

I'm not watching the hourlong interview but I did read this npr synopsis.

quote:

He said he hadn't been told of any safety concerns on the film's set before the accident.

Did anyone watch it? Did the interviewer have any follow-up questions about it?

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

Warbadger posted:

Skip to 4:10

There's a bunch of similar videos from other armorers claiming the same. The actor and crew are all in a position to see when safety checks are not being performed - and the habit of skipping checks by this assistant director came up both in historical complaints against them and in the complaints causing the union walkout on this set.

What he said at 4:10 isn't new information; the people on set "are let to see." Being the person to handle the gun doesn't make Baldwin more responsible as you mentioned earlier. Being a person in a position of power might.

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

But how could an inexperienced, starry-eyed armorer know to make sure her guns didn't have actual bullets in them before handing them to known psychopath Alec Baldwin?