Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1452360816284536849

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1452364675300069377

might be bad

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

next monday night

giant-chiefs

a post-halloween horror show

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Titan up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
McVay coaching tree looking very good right now.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are Regressing to the Mean

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens are Regressing to the Mean

Was bound to happen--this is not a 13-3 type of team.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The injuries had to catch up eventually. Bengals aren’t really missing anybody and jamarr chase is uncoverable

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lowest point for the panthers offense since the Clausen era. Defense played great for most of the game, just can’t expect much with the offense on the other side of the ball.

Offensive line + qb play + offensive playcalling are all off right now. Not sure how this is fixed this year.

It’s gone pear shaped on the offensive side. Don’t think darnold is an option moving forward.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So I think that was more about the Jets then the Patriots today.

Patriots are a solid team with some problem areas. The Jets are.... woof. Every screen pass, draw or outlet pass to a RB on 3rd down went for 10+ yards. Just abysmal defense, truly godawful.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Was bound to happen--this is not a 13-3 type of team.

Yeah I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens are playing an end-of-preseason offensive line right now due to injuries and it's starting to severely cost them. they need Mekari to get right during the bye

I don't know what they can do about the defense but having Wolfe get healthy would help

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The injuries had to catch up eventually. Bengals aren’t really missing anybody and jamarr chase is uncoverable

yeah it's exactly this. even though they have Lamar Jackson, keeping it up with literally like 20 injuries and insane comebacks wouldn't be sustainable

the OL is an absolute mess and they really miss their RBs and Peters

also they can't tackle for their lives

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

yeah it's exactly this. even though they have Lamar Jackson, keeping it up with literally like 20 injuries and insane comebacks wouldn't be sustainable

the OL is an absolute mess and they really miss their RBs and Peters

also they can't tackle for their lives

Yeah what is up with the tackling? Ray's victims are rolling in their graves.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Marlon Humphrey has been sub-par all year. Last week's Chargers performance was Herbert being off target, Mike Williams being hurt, and a bunch of Chargers drops.

Despite all the wins it's been sad to watch the Ravens this year. They're a shadow of what they could've been but for that terrible plane crash that killed half the team.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Did half of the ravens die in plane crash for real?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cavauro posted:

yeah and half the team survived

they should start making the entire plane out of baltimore ravens players

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Titans executed perfectly in all three phases today. Tannehill was dealing, Arthur Juan as usual is a total stud and the defense absolutely clobbered KC up front. Denico autry is eating with big Jeff next to him. Also good to have the Punt God back with two punts inside the 5.

KC looked like dogshit, they sold out to stop Henry which is all well and good but tannehill picked their dbs apart. Nick Bolton looks good.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

Only the good ones

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lol KC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

KC looked like dogshit, they sold out to stop Henry which is all well and good but tannehill picked their dbs apart. Nick Bolton looks good.

This didn't bother me from a KC fan's perspective as much as the offense did. I don't expect the defense to do anything much.

Apparently this season I have to expect the offense to turn the ball over, but up until today I've been able to expect them to actually move the ball easily before doing so. Like you can tell yourself just fix that poo poo and everything will be, not fine, but ok. Today there was just nothing on either side of the ball. Ugly all around.

We'll see if they throw Mahomes back out there next week when he sure as hell seemed to be clearly concussed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

... yeah, thinking that was more about the Jets defense then the Patriots offense, yeesh

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
27-3

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

We'll see if they throw Mahomes back out there next week when he sure as hell seemed to be clearly concussed.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1452377410222051335?s=21

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
In a post-game interview lap asked Chase if he expected to be doing so well at this point of the year and Chase said something along the lines of "I didn't expect it to be this easy."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

... yeah, thinking that was more about the Jets defense then the Patriots offense, yeesh

The Pats are normal boring bad IMO, but the Jets are barely playing football, period.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cavauro posted:

a bit too cheeky

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kalli posted:

Saleh… fraudulent? 🤔

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1452378302509879296?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh no

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1452373911048527881?s=20

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

probably means they're getting tua

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If they're dumb enough to trade firsts for a player who's about to be suspended... it's stupid.

If they do trade for him I'm loving done. I'll go be a bills fan or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

If they're dumb enough to trade firsts for a player who's about to be suspended... it's stupid.

I would like to think tepper knows he’s not going to get suspended if he trades for him.

Please don’t tho. Please.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua had 2 very bad plays today, but if you told me a year ago he’d be playing this well in his 12th start I would have been pretty happy.

300 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs and 80% completion

Especially when you consider his receivers lead the league in drops, his OL has three guys in the top ten for giving up pressures, he has three different offensive coordinators and the front office has been trying to replace him since before his first start.

Oh well!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The cost of 3 firsts would break the back of the franchise. They'd have 0 picks before round three in 2022 and they're dying for offensive line help.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was on the beach all day but checked the Titans score at HT not really expecting anything, and was completely :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Titan up baby

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I feel like Watson will be a Panther. They, and Denver, are the only teams in talks who have semi realistic shots at the playoffs this year. Tepper and Rhule are rooted, where Denver's ownership and coaching future are up in the air. Combine that with Tepper being the "brass balls" guy who is super impatient, and it makes as much sense as anything else. He can try to justify it to himself as even if Watson only plays this year then they have a shot at the SB (in his mind).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BlindSite posted:

If Watson was going to be suspended, he already would be imo. Even if he does get suspended, he's out for 4-6 games. He's the QB of the future - the panthers aren't winning the superbowl this year.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Same.

The amount of desperation to even entertain trading for him right now is just ridiculous.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mr. Nice! posted:

If Watson was going to be suspended, he already would be imo. Even if he does get suspended, he's out for 4-6 games. He's the QB of the future - the panthers aren't winning the superbowl this year.

The problem with that is you are trading your future for him.

You better be really, really sure your team just needs a QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

If Watson was going to be suspended, he already would be imo.

The league/Goodell sees no point in it right now, he's on a team he'd already said repeatedly (even before the allegations went public) he'd never play another snap for, and stuck to it including only doing the bare minimum of appearances pre-season