Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
They all sucked this week. The Bengals I guess were pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pasaluki posted:

They all sucked this week. The Bengals I guess were pretty cool.

KC-Ten was pretty good

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

dingo with a joint posted:

JFC what an awful slate of games we had today. Miserable one-side excuses for games. A Monday public holiday in my country so I get to actually see a full day of football; sod's law it was going to be a slate like this.

I think Bengals Ravens was the only one that actually felt watchable. (I guess Choke Chickens vs Fail Fish did at least have the will-they-won't-they appeal right 'til the end.)

Were any of today's games actually enjoyable for anyone other than fans of whichever team was rolling the other?

Which teams are these? Also I'm sorry about your impending probation

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1452411540368408586

And look who pops up when you swap the minimum 30 attempts qualifier for 300 yards and 2 TDS:

https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1452404716801912836

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Everyone is talking about you-know-who. And the fact that you know who I'm talking about when I say you-know-who means I'm right :smugdog:

Bengals. Cincinnati Bengals.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Including Carr today there's been 10 instances this season where a QB has gone a minimum 20 completions for 80%.

4 have taken place against the Eagles.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
For like the fourth year in my lifetime being a Bengals fan doesn't suck.*

*Yet

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Bengals get to play the Jets next week.

RIP Da Jets.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somehow the Jets beating the Bengals would be pure chaos & I for one welcome the instability.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Jets should sign Kaepernick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how can the bears change players every year but still have the same loving team for my entire life

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dingo with a joint posted:

Were any of today's games actually enjoyable for anyone other than fans of whichever team was rolling the other?

I mean obviously I'm biased but Lions-Rams was rad as hell right until the end (when goff goofed)

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the bears are so loving bad

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I need to share my discovery: the 49ers twitter account hides any replies that mention Harbaugh. They leave anything else up. Just Harbaugh. If you view the hidden replies on this, you'll see.

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1452476095563919361?t=YAbSfaZChUA7XVhKDCgK4A&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Somehow the Jets beating the Bengals would be pure chaos & I for one welcome the instability.

yea

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1452504671831027712

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Cardinals biiiiiitch they’re going to the super bowl hell heaaah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Magicpants posted:

mahomes scored only 3 pts on the terrible titans d, possibly worst qb in the league?

Mahomes’ last game: no touchdown passes, multiple incompletions

Trubisky’s last game: 1 touchdown pass, no incompletions

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

The good thing is they're pretty set at every skill position except linebacker. They need offensive linemen and qb.

Good thing they're the easiest positions to find :suicide:

The defensive line and secondary are excellent and anything that catches a pass is pretty stacked.

Yeah, the Panthers are a weird team in that where they're set, they're really set, but where they're not is a black hole of suck, and I absolutely would not trust Joe Brady's playcalling even if we were to pick up a good QB in the future.

We're not like the Bucs were before Brady; getting a good QB is not going to magically fix this team

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is Joe Brady not on the short-list to be a head coach any longer or is he heading back to LSU?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is Joe Brady not on the short-list to be a head coach any longer or is he heading back to LSU?

I don’t think he’s a serious target for LSU’s head coaching search and I don’t think he’d be an OC candidate for any of the people who are. I think the shine is off of him as an NFL HC prospect, so he’s probably going to back to college as an OC somewhere if the Panthers get rid of him.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Gruden the play designer is much better than Gruden the play caller and game manager.

The best example is the year after Gruden was traded, Gannon won MVP. Same playbook, better situational calls...until the Super Bowl but that's too depressing to think about.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Some nice words about Matty Ice

https://twitter.com/MarkSchofield/status/1452633544577142789

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1452638459521163266

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pretty bad when the Bucs were basically sending a bunch of street FA's out there at corner. Then again Fields got exactly .88 seconds to get a pass off because that line is complete dog poo poo.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Pretty bad when the Bucs were basically sending a bunch of street FA's out there at corner. Then again Fields got exactly .88 seconds to get a pass off because that line is complete dog poo poo.
Even when he's had time to throw, Fields has been mostly bad and his comments after the game were fairly apathetic. At this point you worrying about breaking his will.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Jets should sign Kaepernick.

:hmmyes:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The 49'ers secondary is worse than the Colts'.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I still can't believe they overturned that Heinicke TD.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

AndrewP posted:

Ravens are playing an end-of-preseason offensive line right now due to injuries and it's starting to severely cost them. they need Mekari to get right during the bye

I don't know what they can do about the defense but having Wolfe get healthy would help

Big issue with the defense is that they are getting burned on the blitz against some teams BUT they can't seem to get much pressure without it. Kept going back to it even after Burrow to Chase / Uzomah showed that the Bengals could beat it deep pretty easily.

The thing I'm most shocked about though is actually the Bengals defense. They are looking like one of the best groups right now and I'm not sure I understand how that happened, lol

v true

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1452677290551222272?t=2f9Wc2zkB4gOGGbTb8jTDQ&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

That is a wild wild stat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eh. Randy Moss scored two TDs against the Bills week 3 in 2010 and then was traded to the Vikings. The Vikings had a bye on week 4, and then in week 5 he scored a TD against the Jets.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

wandler20 posted:

I still can't believe they overturned that Heinicke TD.

The "oops I forgot to actually cross the line" or the "oops I crossed the line after the play was over"?

To be fair, I was not listening all that closely to the rules analyst's explanation of the latter...maybe you have a point.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
an underrated storyline of this week is how almost all the games sucked huge donkey dick and were not entertaining at all

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

an underrated storyline of this week is how almost all the games sucked huge donkey dick and were not entertaining at all

I watched 3 games yesterday, Pats - Jets, Buccaneers - Bears, and Colts - 49ers and I was thoroughly entertained.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I also enjoyed jets pats immensely

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Watching Burrow and Chase style on the Ravens was extremely entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean it is super funny that I poo poo posted about Falcons - Dolphins being the game of the day at kickoff yesterday and then it was.