Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Don't allow embedded tweets.

Ramp more frequently, implement threadbans and forumsbans as needed (and probably more often).

For thread/forum bans, maintain a formal list in the OP of the thread and the rules thread of the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I think we should all get the satisfaction of knowing who is reporting people.

I'll give you some satisfaction: I did report 1 post ITT. It was a prior post of yours for using an ableist phrase:

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Admins need to soak in the marinade of USPol for 3 months to get a feel for it's culture. It's rough edges, and smooth brain posts. The smell of youthful edge and old derision mixing to form posting unlike anywhere else.

Apparently, the mods didn't take as much offense to it as they do the r word :shrug:

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Hey I want you to know I wasn't intentionally making ableist remarks and I had only associated that term with general derision.

I'll refrain from using it in the future

I sincerely appreciate this, thank you.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

fool of sound posted:

Also, mawarannahr, I saw your post and this conversation, and I'm glad you brought it up. There's a major issue with pathologizing disagreement as a product of mental issue and I would very much like to start consistently pushing people away from doing so. I brought it up when I was first modded, specifically over calling people socio/psychopaths, but there was overwhelming pushback at the time so I backed off but maybe, almost two years later, opinions have shifted and it's worth giving another shot?

Yes, in my opinion, please start doing this.