Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

multijoe posted:

going to expend my (1) posting in this thread token to say: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Anyway, you guys should watch Dune. Peace.

they took out the line about how they're drinking their own poo poo and piss. bad film

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Hello this is a perfect encapsulation with everything wrong with the current moderation in D&D right now.The man got some mild criticism and instead of being normal about it just swung wildly for the worst reading possible while simultaneously being as dismissive as possible in tone.

Seriously, if this person still has buttons at the end of this what is the point of asking for any feedback. Even ignoring the immediate meltdown that followed it which on its own should show they should have no say in how this forum is run.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

While I'm not a fan of CommieGIR "posting through it", as the saying goes, in all fairness they have been attacked relentlessly by dozens of posters for the past week and I can't blame them for getting increasingly more defensive and flippant.

What really needs to be discussed is these coordinated harassment campaigns against D&D mods that certain groups of posters clearly dislike, and the particularly vicious and vile nature of the attacks. It's not a "both sides" issue either. I myself have voiced a ton of criticism against Majorian and the_steve in the past, but I've never accused them of being pedophiles or agents of <intel agency>, for example.

Maybe people should tone down their rhetoric several notches if they actually want to see some positive change.

thats why one of the other mods needed to pull him aside at some point and tell him to take a break before it got to this point. i know the mods are all adults and shouldn't need to babysit eachother but i dont think its beyond the pale to say a more experienced mod should've been able to recognize he wasnt handling this well from the jump and privately defuse the situation, thats certainly better than just letting it rock until you literally need to probe him (lol)

e: oh i didnt even read the last 2/3rds of your post. lmbo

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

No, and this thread isn't the re-litigate probes thread. And your inability to expect mods to be fallible humans who make mistakes is interesting.

you know you can go back and give that guy a week or a ban+30 whatever right. you know it doesnt have to stay a 6er. you know that right

GreyjoyBastard posted:

1) your legends kinda suck
2) I would very much like it if they were better because I am more data science poisoned than almost anyone you will ever meet

lmfao

Monicro fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

e: quote edit