Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

aas Bandit posted:

What poll? I can't find a poll anywhere.

The poll is in US news. E: I realize the post you are quoting is from usnews, so I dunno why you are not seeing the poll. Settings or mobile jank?

Anyway, I will be lazy and just say I agree with aas Bandit's post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

30.5 Days posted:

The official stance is that they should only be blanked in cases of hate speech or similar, and D&D moderators have been blanking all red text they see on regulars despite that. It's been brought up repeatedly. The situation has not changed. It's jeff's pocketbook so whatever.

Have they? Man, I need to post more, I suppose.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Kaedric posted:

Although I obviously want harsher punishments for this particular issue for various reasons, I understand what you are saying and don't disagree. However, one of the problems I see is the fact that these posters were never the ones that got thread or forum-banned. You cannot tell me that someone like VitalSigns, who is probably one of the best posters on this site, is worth kicking out over (and I'm choosing not to name names) people a-ok with rape as long as it's their guy doing it, just because they frequently disagree and get into arguments with certain posters. Which usually leads to very good discussion, no less!

Vitalsigns' last posts in USnews were repeatedly saying how great it was that the Taliban were regaining power in Afghanistan. Would you say that A) There's no rapists in the Taliban, or B) VitalSigns is "a-ok with rape as long as it's their guy doing it"?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Kaedric posted:

Were you ok with the rapes that were going on under US occupation? Framing his posts as saying 'taliban good' as opposed to 'some of the locals prefer the taliban to the US' is a bit disingenuous. My guess is you're operating under the western (and, sad to say, totally normal) assumption that we were the 'good guys' in that war. We absolutely were not. The taliban are horrible monsters imo, but I'm glad our own horrible monsters are out of that country now.

No, I know the US (I'm not American) sucked in Afghanistan too. Biden isn't the first rapist president either. Even if you think the US was worse than the Taliban then it seems to match up fairly nicely to Trump being worse than Biden and yet both are rapists. If everyone supporting Biden is pro-rape then surely the same should go for people celebrating the Taliban's return to power?

But I'm not trying to make the point that Vitalsigns loves the Taliban and therefore loves rape, I was trying to make the point it's absurd in either case. I thought since you were holding up VS as "one of the greatest posters" then pointing out that the same kind of logic should condemn them might make you rethink it. I don't think VS was hyped for all the terrible things that will happen under the Taliban, and I don't think DnD people hoping Biden gets some good bills passed love Biden's rapey ways either.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Kaedric posted:

I don't agree with voting for biden = pro-rape so I'm not sure what the purpose of your argument is

I thought that was the point of your conversation with How r u. If not, then disregard.