Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Sedisp posted:

Rebrand DnD as a chat zone. Almost no suggestions in this thread or the QCS one are how to bring back debates. It's all let my posting pals post or stop my posting enemies from posting.

There's not discussion about how to "bring back" debate because outside USPOL debate usually didn't really leave. Maybe it's currently shittier than it needs to be in what I personally perceive as the contradiction between basically USPOL chat crew standards and moderation and the actual debate and discussion but still manages to limp on. If it would keep more people from whining sure let the chat zone keep the forumID and DnD abbreviation but there is still space for a debate and discussion forum. Maybe a very slow one but the MMO HMO discussion has shown that very slow forums aren't considered a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i have absolutely no idea who you are so this is a weird forums vendetta even by something awful standards

That's really not weird "even by" something awful standards, sorry, people can say mean things to you without it being a "vendetta."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

fool of sound posted:

No it's the conversation that 2-3 people want to have, while the other 100 regulars in USPol PM me 8 times and file collectively 30 reports about because they want to discuss breaking news in USNews, not vaping policy.

If 2-3 people are having a discussion and 100 other people want some other discussion to be happening it seems to me that the solution is "tell those other 100 people to :justpost:"

If those 100 other people cannot themselves produce a discussion to drown out the discussion they don't like, it seems to me the discussion they don't like isn't actually drowning anything out.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

..harsh but fair

I got a couple effortposts in me queue, not sure where to post them now that Jeff took the qcs thread out behind the barn

You're a mod, post them here where people can respond to them and also post them in the closed QCS thread for anyone who was only paying attention to that thread.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If you've gotta say "you are apologizing for rape" instead of "you are a rape apologist" even when someone is doing rape apologia, but not "you are doing genocide denial" instead of "you're a genocide denier" that seems a lot like the accusation more frequently made by the ingroup is being treated slightly lighter than the accusation more frequently made by those in the outgroup.