Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Stringent posted:

as a show of solidarity with cpt_obvious i'm going to eat the probe for a forum banned poster posting out of turn. here's my post from qcs describing the grossly iniquitous moderation that constantly goes on in dnd.

ok i dug up a few examples for you to look at.

the first is a post that wasn't probated, but I PMd a mod about it and they said it was seen and thoroughly discussed. i bring this up just to establish a baseline of what's known to be acceptable dialogue by the dnd mods.

so, let's have a look at what isn't acceptable.

here's a week for making a (good) joke.

threadban

threadban

this was only a sixer, but the exchange is quite illustrative of the double standard they've got going in there

two weeks

forum ban

this is an *extremely* truncated list, it doesn't even start on the poo poo that goes on outside of uspol, but any more would be even more tedious for me to post and you to read. but i assure you that this is very much the norm for that forum and the mods' personal ideological biases are by far the governing moderation principle in dnd and have been for quite a while.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

another example of using arbitrary forum rules to discard opinions you don't like. embrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this is actualy rather helpful, I'm not totally sure it's a complete list but I've been contemplating the idea of making a central list and have usually concluded "well, that's a lot of effort, maybe I'll just do it on the fly as people violate forumbans" and then didn't do that either

e: also what fos said

That you haven't been keeping a list shows how worthless and arbitrary the system is. you don't even know who is on it. free everyone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

you'd be better off creating a dem thread and a gop thread and not thunderdoming everyone into usnews. might end up dogshit like polliwonks last year, might not. anything other than usnews.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

please spare epic high five and helsing before perma'ing all the d&d mods. thank you.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Skyl3lazer posted:

I have a question/mod feedback, why was this post probated?

Why was it probated with a threat of a threadban? If the bill does die, as seems likely now, will the poster be unprobated or compensated or even apologized to? This was done at 11pm est last night, after days of discussion about how threadbans aren't the way to go. Repeatedly in fact this poster has been probated for "doomposting," and in none of them is rude or even particularly unrealistic. Was it just because you didn't agree with the posts? What rule was being broken, and is that rule evenly applied?

Would like to know more about this since the thread isnt focused on CG anymore. has Ralph read this thread?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Thread has gotten very productive and it would be a mistake to close it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Deteriorata posted:

The thread was not about the CIA, his comments were irrelevant to the thread topic with the intent to derail the conversation and was obviously trolling. It is behavior we do not want around here.

That threads gets 1-2 pages of posts a week. Just, like, let the conversation happen. It will rerail eventually.