Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

The entire D&D mod staff, with the possible exception of the_steve should resign, as they've proven time and time again to be very bad at their jobs, and the replacements should be chosen from the non-USPOL userbase. Also, unforum/threadban everyone, we can reban the ones that were actually poo poo instead of merely annoying the mod's posting buddies.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Lift all forum bans; I dgaf if it discommodes the useless lot modding this forum, they've shown they can't use that policy tool effectively.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i have absolutely no idea who you are so this is a weird forums vendetta even by something awful standards

Lol, you are such a caricature.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

CommieGIR posted:

How? Open to suggestions for me and/or future mod teams. Most people don't want to dig through a thread to find the single topic they were trying to discuss, that's part of why we split out topics in USNews (since D&D is for the most part US Centric)

We don't trust your judgement on when something has become extraneous.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I do like the 'disable report button' idea - and if anyone uses URL fuckery to get past it, just give them a weeker for Forums Fuckery.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

Ok, and I respect this opinion because I know that you have and do participate here, and I that the incessant argument for more bans is a problem, not a solution. I don't think that means that there aren't posters that this subforum is better without.

While that may be true, you've shown that you have no idea who those are; at this point, the damage done to discourse by curtailing forums bans will be less then that done by the misfires.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

GreyjoyBastard posted:

anyway it probably deserves a real effortpost but I am very interested in How Do You Solve A Problem Like Usnews and every solution we've tried so far hasn't worked

I had high hopes for "try and get people to split off discussion into separate threads" and it did occasionally generate good side threads, but it didn't un-usnews usnews and here we are

First step is no longer recruiting mods from it and demodding those from it. CSPAM learned that the hard way from the turrp thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

silicone thrills posted:

Imagine if someone - anyone - had said that about one of the women trump raped.

Im legitimately just posting this so you can think about how this sounds to survivors. We hope people will stop thinking about you, talking about you, acknowledging you. As a survivor its loving gutting to continually hear these sorts of statements.

The entire D&D mod team should be replaced for this fiasco.