Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

How are u posted:

I think that Main Paineframe pretty accurately sums up my thoughts, so I'll just quote them

That’s kind of a boring quote. MPF had a way funnier one

Main Paineframe posted:

There is no point being a moderator on this website until Jeffrey stops entertaining the whims of the small cohort of freaks and losers that a substantial percentage of the mods on this site are apparently literally terrified of, because giving someone a six-hour probation gets you cyberstalked by a bunch of hooting clowns who apparently have either telepathic mind control powers over the site owner or lots of blackmail material on Jeffrey. tired of watching the staff struggle for literal weeks to find one of the few actually nice people left on this website who're dumb enough to be a mod, then hurling them to the loving wolves until they leave the website forever because they're utterly miserable here. i can no longer be a party to this horrendous loving social experiment of finding people too nice and screwed up to stand up for themselves, telling them they're no longer allowed to be mad when people are utter jackasses to them, and then hurling them into a bunch of loving ridiculous abuse to see how long they stick around and obey the commands to just sit back and take it. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Spite modding: exhibit 2356

Probating this days a day later is something.

The probe reason is just “don’t make me remember that person I’ve decided I like was terrible”

So I’d call it the perfect D&D sixer

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s actually really funny to see somebody get probed for pointing out Sherman was a pos after a page of people discussing how offensive it is when people say smoothbrains or call these forums dead and gay

Real big brain smart guy stuff going on here

E: is it ableist to call something big brain smart guy stuff? Asking for a friend that friend being me because I just said it

HashtagGirlboss fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 28, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

:ssh: Nobody is saying Sherman's treatment of the Natives was not despicable. But the idea that you guys are going to go pretend gang tags are a wholly historical treatment of the people in the tag and something reflects the entirety of that person is hilarious.

Ah yes, by adopting the GIP gang tag, I have accepted and endorse all of Sherman's history. This take makes absolutely no sense.

Idk. If you have a gang tag that opens you up to easy criticism, maybe you should accept that criticism instead of getting bizarrely defensive about it and hitting buttons to make the mean people go away

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

You are posting on SomethingAwful, if you expected anything less than that, you probably should've set your sights a little lower.

Criticism? Sure. Constant white noise about "Oh you liked Sherman's crushing of the Confederacy ergo you endorse everything Sherman did rather than those specific events" in a joke GIF. That's not criticism. That's painting with broad strokes and being surprised that its a hot take.

So is your position then that nobody can point out that gang tag is in poor taste because it’s already been pointed out and you’ve decided the criticism is wrong and you shouldn’t ever have to hear it again?

May I point out that this is a good example of using your buttons to win arguments

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

If I was doing so, I would've already hit you with a sixer. Surprisingly, I'm not.

Where in the GIF does it say "We love Sherman". Its specifically highlight his Civil War actions, the crushing of Confederacy, are we pretending he wasn't the one who did that now? If The March to the Sea was a Cthulu story, would we pretend Sherman was not the main character?

So is pointing out that the Sherman gang tag is in poor taste probable or not? If it isn’t, why did you probe lib or let die? If it is, go ahead and probe me over it because I agree it’s in bad taste, not because I want to own you, but because I think celebrating Sherman in light of his treatment of native Americans is in very poor taste

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This thread is for d&d feedback not inane gotchas about gang tags.

That’s fair, but my question is should a mod or ik be using their buttons because somebody pointed out that their tag is in poor taste?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I think having a Sherman gang tag is like dropping the r word. You can do it but people are going to call you out for it and there will be consequences in general

If you like it that’s fine, but don’t get defensive when people point out that it’s in really poor taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I wonder how many people complaining about the Sherman gang tag have a Facebook account

I’m not following your point? My feedback is that that is an example of a bad probe because the criticism, whether in good faith or not, is valid criticism and Commie opened themself up to it be sporting the tag. If mods can give you sizers for pointing out that the things they do or say are in poor taste than what’s the rule you’re aiming to enforce? Are we back to mod sass being probable? Are mods and iks just allowed to use their buttons to tell people making valid points to go away? The tag itself is far less interesting to me than the response to the tag

Edit: I’ll drop it because I don’t think I’ll get any feedback which is honestly a shame

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)