Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I didn't think any of the recent episodes were bad or disappointing personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm curious what the deal with the demon really is, seeing what we see in the OP.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Great episode. Lots of stuff happening.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Good episode, some great action sequences too. Going to kill me waiting for the next ep

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Unless the author is an outspoken nationalist or something I don't particularly think it's worth putting much stock into tbh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The end of the ep was pretty chilling. Really curious what the deal is with the Demon overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm definitely waiting for the other shoe to drop on the cost of bringing her back. The Demon didn't show any hesitation or annoyance on having to free Miranjo despite finally getting to devour her soul, doesn't seem like he should be fine with letting her off essentially scot free. Most likely won't be something we see the ramifications for until a potential next season though.

But on Miranjo proper, I dunno how to feel about the whole situation. I think playing Endwalker has prepped me to easily forgive characters in media who have done terrible things lol. But I think the forgiveness stuff happened way too fast, in a way that felt like it was rushed in order to have a conclusion to this whole story arc, dunno if it happened the same way/speed in the manga.

Also Daida sounds so old even though he's supposed to be like 10 or something it's really hard for me to see him as a kid outside the first couple episodes, so the whole in love with Miranjo thing didn't bug me as much as it should I guess, still kinda silly though. The show's tone and artstyle is so unsexualized that this element doesn't set off the same alarm bells it would in most other series for me, I think.