Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

During the start of covid me and some bros started a book club for something to do while locked down.

We read Ubik by Philip K. Dick first and gently caress it was amazing and I'd recommend everyone read it.
Then we read Waiting for the Barbarians by J. M. Coetzee which was interesting but pretty hosed up.
We we tried to get our Vonnegut on with Player Piano and that's when the club kinda died out, with someone of us not even finishing it (I did not)

I'm currently (very slowly) reading a libertarian walks into a bear - Matthew Hongoltz-Hetling and it's a good loling about how dumb libertarians are.
I think I found out about it in the trump thread or something. It's a good read so far but I've had a hard time just sitting down and reading anything lately.

BOOKS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU