Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I work in an outta the way pot shop that doesn’t get much traffic, with business even slower because of the time of year I have tons of downtime. Now instead of spending this downtime cleaning, doing inventory or any of the tasks Im supposed to do I read books. I am currently reading Slaughterhouse Five and not really liking it, Vonnegut is kinda boring :(

Seeing as allot of you goons seem well read and way chiller than the actual book forum Imma ask for some recommendations. Some books I’ve read recently that i like were Discworld Seawolf by Jack London and Blood Meridian. also you can just shitpost in this thread and not recommend anything, thats cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

gleebster posted:

Well, if you liked Blood Meridian, but not Slaughterhouse Five, it's not gonna be the unconventional narrative that throws you. What did you like about Blood Meridian and The Sea Wolf?

I liked tThe Judge’s rants in Blood Meridian and i liked the debates with the captain in The Sea Wolf