Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

tracecomplete posted:

A thing that really put me off of doing personal video nonsense (I do some video stuff professionally) is that after a billion years on the internet my mental monologue is way too similar to Tim’s and I sound a lot like his postmix, I don’t want to be a mere timpersonator

Skrill.exe posted:

Buddy. That's kind of the whole reason you should get started.

It's like how people like Kurzgesagt so much, but they only make an episode every month or so, leaving enough demand that The Infographics Show can churn out two dozen shows a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I watched Tim's review of The Last Of Us last night after years of putting it off because "eh, I still wanna play that and don't want spoilers". Well, it's been over 10 years since that game has come out, I have bought it twice and never finished it, so at this point I may as well have just watched it.

Now I don't have to play it, because the last 30 minutes of Tim's video was drat near perfect as it was.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He made that review in like a month

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

It's hard not to read a lot of his old LJ stuff and a lot of what he was like back then (and is like right now) and not think like, "what was your SA account name, tim?"

like, all of his old writing, blogs and 'Get Bonus' are very very very very "The Cool Type Of Guy Nerd" circa the 2000s type energy

Tim Rogers is SuperMechaGodzilla

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well he loves 7/10 games the way SMG loves 7/10 movies.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dabir posted:

Tim Rogers is SuperMechaGodzilla

Pretty harsh on Tim.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Tim would never say that about mace windu

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Tim uses his real name on his art, not some dumb internet clown moniker made for whatever username required nonsense clickbait ticker numbers that floats for "cutting edge apps" these days, thats why tim is better

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess we'll see how tim's doing on the tim stream today. I presume he'll be sort of frustrated and pissy like every other tim stream

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

Tim uses his real name on his art, not some dumb internet clown moniker made for whatever username required nonsense clickbait ticker numbers that floats for "cutting edge apps" these days, thats why tim is better

Tim isn’t his real first name

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

his twitter handle is a number

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vikar Jerome posted:

His channel is named Action Button

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Probably tim is the most like stewart lee, where there's the real person and the played up character. Hell tim's even a stand up comedy master as well I've been told

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Dabir posted:

his twitter handle is a number

He doesnt call himself those tho

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He does

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Tim isn’t his real first name

Wha...

Google... nani...!?

????!!!!!!!!!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Nuh uh..!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/108minusContext/status/1768058862924402849?t=zUDEJPCIVAFp-1LL20xeFQ&s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I cant believe tim is called william. What kind of sick joke is this...

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I thought his real name was Action Button.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His real name is Shawn Button

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
His real name is Tibothy Tabbis

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
tim needs a manager/producer to help him stay on target. these artist types will edit forever and never put things out

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

tim needs a manager/producer to help him stay on target. these artist types will edit forever and never put things out

He's going to be like Robert Jordan. He'll be dead before he's finished.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

William needs to get a kid to take over and name that kid tim

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Asteroid Alert posted:

Here's a video Tim liked recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvgbGRQiXCs

He pinged the entire Action Button discord, to let you know, that he liked it.

finally got around to this, and it's objectively a good video and also lmao at tim basically doing a self-parody

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It’s a minor miracle that Tim’s videos aren’t as annoying as that one.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Dijkstracula posted:

it's objectively a good video
I can appreciate the vast amounts of effort put into it but I did nooooot click with that video at all. Watched a few minutes of the long-rear end intro bit and then skipped to the bit with Tim and... yeah no thanks. Different tastes!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I wasn’t feeling his style and he couldn’t make me care about a thing I’ve never played like Tim does

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

tim sycophants will eat any old slop

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

tim sycophants will eat any old slop

That's right. Scared?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Buddy, if I didn't eat slop I wouldn't be here.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
This fella puts a LOT of high quality effort into being painfully obnoxious to watch. I was already wondering when the gimmick would end 2 minutes in, then the dildo came out and I was done.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

to be clear my definition of "objectively good" is "is tim in it" sooooo

I agree that the editing and overall style is too frenetic for me, but the guy did get me interested in this series that I didn't know anything about, I suppose

Dijkstracula fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 25, 2024

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Yeah Tim cameos around the 34 minute mark; probably could’ve led with that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Please, no alternative tims in the tim thread, its for william tim rogers only. Accept no subs.

Big daddy dom timmy will release a video soon, hang on there

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Vikar Jerome posted:

Big daddy dom timmy will release a video soon, hang on there

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't get the feeling from the tim streams that anything is in the offing particularly soon. Maybe he's singing a different tune on discord or whatever

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Asteroid Alert posted:

Here's a video Tim liked recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvgbGRQiXCs

He pinged the entire Action Button discord, to let you know, that he liked it.

This guy sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

There is something surreal about how stupidly high effort the production values are in that video compared to how shlocky and bad the writing is. I enjoyed it but I get the perspective of people who it find it aggravating.