Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Wait til you hear him say the phrase "This is"

*honk*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

This Kyle Bosman character and Tim Rogers definitely exist on the same axis of guy with the slider set to nerdy on Kyle and cool on Tim.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cool is not on that slider

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Cool is not on that slider

Yeah, it's a slider from Buddy to Jerry

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

Oops looks like i typoed "pretentious" as "cool". Again!

On the subject of a new video (which we should just start calling The L.A. Noire Video because that's what it's going to be, right?), i guess we didn't get an announcement last week? Well there's another chance tomorrow. Is he going to do it? Let's find out!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Tim's new video is the duke nukem forever of game reviews

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The funniest option is that there’s never a new video

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These videos are very expensive to make, the only way to do it is buy Hobbit cameras and fly to multiple cities multiple times. There's barely enough left over to live rent free in your girlfriend's apartment

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

Subconsciously i read that last sentence as

quote:

There's barely enough left over to live rent free in your haters' brains

A Tim Rogers in another timeline is making one one-hour-video per month but we are living in the better continuity. In that universe he probably has to pay rent too.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's fair to resent tim for the many ways in which he lives rent-free. But the impact of that on the quality of the content, is yet unseeable

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I just watch Kyle Bosman now

You all say that until timothy drops a 20 hour ff16 review

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

No Mods No Masters posted:

He doesn't seem like he does any voices. Not really satisfying the same niche as tim to me

He did voices in his ff9 playthrough in which the moogles were a mix of hardworking london labourers and randomly bostons

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lmao

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Is truck heck real or a bit. Same question for tennis monster

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I’m trying to find this old blog post that I think was written by Tim? It was in the days of FarmVille and that sort of mobile game. It was about the absurdity and addictive nature of those games. The blog had multiple parts. The first part was a sort of a dialogue about a fictional game, but the one of the last parts was about Sims Mobile.

Does that ring a bell for anyone? I’m not even sure it was written by Tim, it was definitely way before Tim Rogers was a thing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tim Rogers has been a thing forever

I used to read a regular monthly column he did in some random games magazine when I was an actual child in actual school 20+ years ago

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tim’s next vid will be the “October surprise” that sways the 2024 election.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vikar Jerome posted:

He did voices in his ff9 playthrough in which the moogles were a mix of hardworking london labourers and randomly bostons

his british voices are so bad, lmao

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

ohhyeah posted:

I’m trying to find this old blog post that I think was written by Tim? It was in the days of FarmVille and that sort of mobile game. It was about the absurdity and addictive nature of those games. The blog had multiple parts. The first part was a sort of a dialogue about a fictional game, but the one of the last parts was about Sims Mobile.

Does that ring a bell for anyone? I’m not even sure it was written by Tim, it was definitely way before Tim Rogers was a thing.

Sounds like an interesting read, could be something by another new games journalist, but who even are they. All i could unearth was this video of Farmville "tips" from a thread hilariously titled "Tim Rogers: why the hate?"

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

History Comes Inside! posted:

I used to read a regular monthly column he did in some random games magazine when I was an actual child in actual school 20+ years ago

Games™? A magazine I always used to get confused with EDGE, since they both came in that glossy upmarket format.

ohhyeah posted:

Tim has had at this point a couple of different blogs on a couple of different sites. The older stuff is only accessible through the wayback machine now. Like that one FFVII review he wrote.

I have zero idea how you'd go about finding anything through that, though, iirc navigating sites through the wayback machine is kind of a pain.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Games™? A magazine I always used to get confused with EDGE, since they both came in that glossy upmarket format.

Yeah that’s the one god drat

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

ohhyeah posted:

Possibly who killed videogames? (a ghost story)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

You all say that until timothy drops a 20 hour ff16 review

:hmmyes:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Put on your bosozoku Bomber Jacket and Read Action Button to Cultivate Tim Rogers Thought

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

That’s it! Thank you!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ohhyeah posted:

I’m not even sure it was written by Tim, it was definitely way before Tim Rogers was a thing.

Tim was always here. Before games were, tim waited for them. The ultimate practitioner awaiting the ultimate trade

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

parasocial relations

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

ohhyeah posted:

That’s it! Thank you!

I have ALSO been looking for this article for like five years, and didn't even consider it being Tim's—I just remembered the article, so thank you both.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
:pray:

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

Kyle Bosman has been awfully quiet since y'all professed to "just watch Kyle Bosman now". Curious...

btw that who killed videogames? (a ghost story) was a great read, thank you! Looking forward to following it up by reading the Action Button Dot Net review of The Sims Social.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He does six weeks of videos then takes three weeks off, with one bonus video(usually a let's pay of some weird shovelware) in the time off

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Doesnt he still do his friday night streams and everything and random album making and random gameboy game making and random tetris

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Three weeks off? Way to insult your audience. Now to check and see if there's been a new Tim video in the last year and a half

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheScott2K posted:

Three weeks off? Way to insult your audience. Now to check and see if there's been a new Tim video in the last year and a half

You're going to feel foolish when he records that script he wrote next year

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1787504577165541852

lmao

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Incorrect I will never care

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tim doesn't really seem like a music guy. That he was in a bad band is if anything even more evidence of this

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Seems bold of them to assume Tim’s video would only be a single hour long at this point.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I would watch that video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'd watch that video and send it to all my nerd friends who still would not watch it