Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006
It's pretty funny seeing people bounce off Tim's schtick being introduced to him through his Kotaku videos, considering the video essays are massively toned down compared to his past output. I can only imagine the indignance if people who hate him now that he's making Patreon bux read his old essays or forum diarrhea from the "pre-toning it down" era. I think he's always been funny in context to what gaming journalism generally is, which is turning in boring video game book reports you scrambled to write last minute so you don't get grounded by your Gaming Daddy (sponsors) while trying to sneak some bits of criticism in there.

I'd rather watch Tim Rogers half-earnestly waffle about how the itemization in Cyberpunk reminds him of when he ate an ice cream cone and poo poo his pants in front of his Japanese Girlfriend for ten hours than watch literally any review tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

take boat posted:

okay hold up. "first episode of the review"?
only the first part is going to be broadcast on twitch, the full thing is going up on YT afterwards

alternatively, he had to rush the review and release it unfinished for the shareholders, and the other episodes will hopefully be released later as DLC