Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Nanomashoes posted:

My roommate wanted to watch part 1: citizen keanu first and I can report that it wasn't that good or interesting except when he talked about his experiences working for kotaku. Most of it was stuff you'd already know if you're as online as a poster in the something awful games forum is.

His argument about Keanu's acting not being wooden came down to "Keanu is good in other things" which is a pretty weak justification regardless of what you think of Keanu's performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

He spends a lot of the final wrap-up overview talking about how he wishes that CD Projekt Red just developed story games instead of trying to bolt on an open world shooter to an RPG and the whole time I'm just like, that's Disco Elysium. Play Disco Elysium, Tim. And I know he hasn't because he tweeted he got migraines from reading the text or something.

Yeah the gist of option 5 is that it shouldn't have been an open world game.

Option 5 is a good one to choose.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I don't think anyone has talked about Option 2?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

There might be another open-world game other than LA Noire given his comments in #5 (and the footage of Days Gone?).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Amethyst posted:

Not going to lie though the Truck Heck shirt is ugly

I tuned out halfway through that bit and then felt both justified and annoyed when it turned out to be a loving ad.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Wish #6 wasn't the last one I watched because all that clothing and chair poo poo was so loving boring compared to the rest.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Walla posted:

I haven't watched the Tokimeki video so I'm not sure what the game is about, but it's not similar to DDLC.

DDLC gets mentioned fairly early on in the Tokimeki video (and maybe later, I dunno, I'm not finished it) and I get the impression Rogers doesn't consider them to be particularly analogous.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

fez_machine posted:

He's been dropping big hints that he'll cover Days Gone.

The theme of this season seems to be open worlds.

Yeah in the open world video for Cyberpunk he talked about wanting to do a proper video on a good open world game in S2.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I haven't played Days Gone but I can't believe that LA Noire would be the game he'd pick for a title that used an open world well.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I mentally tuned out during that interminable clothing bit at the end of the cyberpunk section. It didn't help that the start of the finale was yet more poo poo about clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Dabir posted:

Tim Rogers is SuperMechaGodzilla

Pretty harsh on Tim.