Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
My first exposure to Tim was watching the Doom review, and I thought it was interesting watching the whole history of the game and Id. But half-way through, I stopped to watch a different review, and I was weirded out by the way he talked. I figured his weird deep, kinda stilted mode of talking was an affectation to mirror the macho, edgy temperament of Doom comics & media. But he kept talking that way. And then I checked out one of the videos he made for Kotaku (maybe the FF7 stuff?), he talked like a normal human! So... that's just how he wants to talk in reviews. And it really makes you feel each hour of the review.

I didn't really dislike the reviews I watched, but at a certain point in each, I just became detached from whatever topic he segued into, and then wanted to stop watching. I don't get if people genuinely like watching his videos, or are just fascinated by his... methodology?

Desfore fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Tim mentioned he read Neuromancer 3 times, but if he remembers everything, why would he need to read a book more than once? Take that, Tim-heads!

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Okay, watching this Twitch stream for a while, I’m really not getting what other people seem to get from watching Tim. Not making GBS threads on him, the CYOA review is a cool idea, but watching the chat people are laughing and amazed at the bits he’s doing, while I’m just kinda… Listening to him ramble about the Genesis games he played and the formatting of the review. I get that the rambling verbosity and over explaining concepts is a bit, but doing it over and over stops being funny, and just actually becomes monotonous.