Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

The writing is fantastic as always, but even for Tim Rogers's Tim Rogersing by Tim Rogers, I don't see why he had to hold his breath for the 4K version. His monologue footage is either 1080p or badly out of focus--when you see him cut to his own old footage of the FF7R review, it looks right. It's kinda distracting.

If it's a bit, and he goes Properly Ultra High Definition by the end, I am sending him a hundred dollars immediately.

tracecomplete fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

emgeejay posted:

it’s badly out of focus, even in ten hundred and eighty P. the side camera — or “B” camera — is in focus

Yeah once I started seeing the B camera, I realized it was just messed up. That, from him, is super weird.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

I can’t believe he expects us to watch all the hours of these videos.

If you believe him, he doesn't.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

more than likely it's because he included 4K captures from the game and wanted them to be shown accurately, I'm sure he explained the intent in one of his 50,000 word patreon updates.

The other segments are in focus.

Watching four and three, and then it's onto The Bottom Line.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Panzeh posted:

A lot of the vibe of the video i've gotten in what i've seen so far is that you really shouldn't commit to doing video essays on a game that isn't even out yet.

Yeah - this feels obligatory in a weird way, even though he likes the game.

I like it, but it has a bit of a weird edge.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

I never played Cyberpunk 2077 and I almost certainly never will, but I watched this review. I watched part 1, and then he told me to pick two parts, so I picked parts 4 and 5, but then in watching part 5 he told me that he never intended viewers to actually follow his instructions. But I know when I'm being tricked. I'm going to go right to the ending and not watch any of the parts I skipped.

Are you me?

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Framboise posted:

If you're paying for Tim you're paying for Tim quality, and that just means we're on Tim time.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

No Mods No Masters posted:

It seems like the growing trend in video essays is to do the tim voice. I guess the analytics must bear it out

A thing that really put me off of doing personal video nonsense (I do some video stuff professionally) is that after a billion years on the internet my mental monologue is way too similar to Tim’s and I sound a lot like his postmix, I don’t want to be a mere timpersonator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Farg posted:

one day tim will release the star citizen of video essays. it will be 1 million hours long and he will say "buddy" with every possible intonation you could dream of

somehow they shall all be delivered simultaneously. someone will compliment his editing. the response: "what editing? that just happened."