Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yes, first episode. He’s shifting to an “episodes as a service” model. Future episodes will require paying for the subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Can we change the thread title to “it’s da jerry trashcan zone!”

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Is there a walkthrough for this review yet? What are the right choices to get the romance scene and is the only option the guy talking?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

GigaPeon posted:

Maybe don’t watch Story 5? Or do. Idk. I feel like I get a redo on that one

He’s very right about open world games thought. I’ve never thought about it like that, but now that he’s said it, poo poo. They all DO at some point come down to the number of doors you can’t open, instead of the number of doors you can. The analogy of just being a house cleaner in a big building.. yeah, it’s going to be another decade before technology is powerful enough to make open world games that are actually the opposite.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Part #4 is very good. What he didn’t like. Not only does he show tons of hilarious glitches (my wife and I both lost it at the motorcycle exploding), he really dives deep into just how broken the structure and design of the player’s capabilities are. I had a similar experience to him playing, once I went full hacker and got a weapon I liked with tons of crit chance, it basically voided the entirety of the skull tree/skull point/build your character combat experience. Game is fundamentally broken.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Tim Rogers only seems to review good games, while also having a love of good Japanese games. So it says a lot that he’s never reviewed nor mentioned the Yakuza series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I keep hearing that about the tokimei one, a game that I’ll never play. What makes it so good in people’s opinion?