Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

tim :neckbeard:

guessing the release had to wait until the end of summer because, as far as I can tell, boku no natsuyasumi is a chill game about the lazy days of summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I've been under the weather this week and this has been a really nice thing to watch in bed :shobon:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I've been enjoying Noah Caldwell-Gervais's content while I wait for the LA Noire episode, it isn't as polished as Tim's stuff but it's thoughtful in a way that I appreciate

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

saw four B'z box sets on a coworker's desk and it turns out she's a superfan, and she was astonished that I'd ever heard of them

so I sent her the "At Icepick Velocity" deleted scene (the 17-minute long anti-B'z monologue) from the TM review by way of explanation and am expected to be :sever:ed any minute now

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

ritual self-immolation, tossing oneself onto the pyre to the sound of bingo.wav

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

"imagine if a mentos commercial lifted a lot of weights...and then killed your dad" is an all-time Rogersian phrase

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

started listening to insert credit while on the stationary bike and nearly fell off when Tim described Elden Ring as having a case of the early onset "all-timers"

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

what if tim's entire output for the past quarter century has been one long the aristocrats

the agent says, "nah, I don't do family acts", and the father replies, "buddy, take a look at the length of this video",

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

oh poo poo, gerstmann on the new insert credit

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

you're killing me, jerry

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

precision posted:

A six hour digression on the fashion in Suikoden 3
If tim were to ever do this, it would immediately shoot up the list to my favourite piece of content of his

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/may/14/fake-british-accents-americans-gen-z

quote:

Why are so many young Americans adopting fake British accents?

Whether deflecting an awkward moment or lightening the mood in an argument, affecting an accent has become a Gen Z verbal tic

submitting a correction to the paper, indicating that they actually all picked it up from tim "dohnt loik that" rogers' streams

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Farg posted:

new review

you're killing me, jerry

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I think we should do both but just save the deepest, tastiest tim cuts for this thread

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don't think tim's vid is going to come out today :twisted:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I'll admit, when I got the twitch notification that tim was streaming on a wednesday I thought briefly maybe today is the day, maybe today there is a new video

then I remembered the thread title

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

too much fighting in the tim thread, not enough talking with tim's affectations in the tim thread

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I met a friend from Tim’s discord server irl yesterday :)

Nice, i should hang out in the bunker more regularly, folks in there always seemed cool

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

upon seeing this youtube link, I realized my first daily mistake, my entire life, had always been not knowing that tim literally played videoball with Gerstmann and Dave Lang somewhere in the Giantbomb office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9d1_8M0uA4&t=1116s

but despite jeff's best efforts, it was already too late

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Angryhead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xs421EjkeA
Skip to 14m22s for a surprise cameo (or watch the whole video from the beginning because it's great)
e: stay tuned after the credits for an extended cameo

Never predicted I'd one day see Tim and Jezza in the same video, but maybe I should have

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

https://hard-drive.net/hd/technology/youtuber-starting-to-think-7-hour-video-essay-going-to-take-longer-than-7-hours-to-produce/

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

*stares down from the camera, pauses, in order to replay every prior memory in perfect fidelity, before startling straight ahead--*

HELLO

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

*me, suddenly interrupting everyone itt*

MmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yeaaaaaaaaah, armored core six fires of rubicon, or アーマード・コアⅥ ファイアーズオブルビコン, some might say, now that's a goddarn tasty morsel of a video game

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

As someone who’d played King’s Field and Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, best idea that my 22 year old self could come up with while playing Dark Souls 3 was… they should make a giant robot game…just like this.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

“19 unread posts in the tim thread? Surely a new video came out today”

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

<baron_of_heck_taking_damage_sound.wav>

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Weird Sandwich posted:

My favourites are the ones on Japanese games I've never played like Tokimeki Memorial and Boku no Natsuyasumi

:same:, watching the Tokimeki video in one sitting and then jumping straight into the Megumi livestream was for me a heck of a case of the early-onset all-timers

Angryhead posted:

“the eleven most boring conversations i can’t stop overhearing” was incredibly 2016 but I enjoyed it.
I've read the longer, darker stuff before - worth a read if you're a fan and in the right mindset.

I think about just like hamburger, exactly like hamburger constantly

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

yeah it's up on channel two

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

current status: thinking about Tim's excised chapter of the Cyberpunk video around open-world games and how it would have probably been in good conversation with Starfield's "open-worldness"

tim, release the rogers cut

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

watching the get bonus of dragon quest 7 and I kind of want to try a dragon quest game now

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

They were just supercuts of his twitch streams, which was good for me because sometimes I like a hit of the ol Timothy R but don’t have six hours to dedicate to sitting through a whole one :irony:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Count no video released until the goblin bunker push notification arrives

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

on one hand I need that tasty morsel of the LA Noire review

but on the other I still haven't finished the boku no natsuyasumi review so who am I to complain

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

That all this NFL music is actually just licensed library music makes me wonder if the bizzarre pirate music used in the NFL Fever ‘02 trailer that has been rattling around my head for 22 years is similar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnv7tqTsDFA

Tim would be able to rattle off the answer precisely, that’s for sure

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

ESPN should use the same theme when they broadcast senate committee hearings

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I genuinely thought that song was a cut off the soundtrack for Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (ドラゴンクエストXI 過ぎ去りし時を求めて, trans. "Dragon Quest XI: In Search of a Passing Time"); tim you scamp

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

ESPN should use the same theme when they broadcast senate committee hearings

persuant to this previous joke, I realized that as a non-American I confused ESPN with C-SPAN

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

a surprising number of these sound like they should be the main menu / overworld map music for the third horniest sega saturn dating sim of 1998

like for what football-adjacent circumstance would you cue up the track at 45:27

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I heard there’s an open world section in this one so he can just recycle the cut Honeytunnel/Blastwaste chapter from the CP2077 review, bingo bango

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

yeah.