Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tim's a guy who is as good at making videos, as he is bad at uploading them to youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Let the one who hasn't written a bad blog of some form at some point in their life cast the first stone

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think tim's vid is going to come out today :twisted:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't believe tim's video will be out in just 5 and ½ hours. Bingo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think the other action button videos have good parts but the tokimeki one is the first to achieve overall good video status. The video that's definitely coming out today will be the true test of fully unleashed by patreon tim I feel

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

is this the guy who talks weird or the other guy with the circle glasses and curly hair who's kinda twinky-cute and does twee videos

Both of those are tim OP

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He talked about the main girl's friend's role as a spoiler at some length. Maybe there are some other good examples but that one seems like splitting hairs

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think tim was immature, and tim would probably admit tim was immature. At this point he's come all the way around on japanese games and rightly understands why they're superior

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can't believe it's only 1 hour to tim time

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tim is incredible

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Awesome Tim, great job

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tokimeki may stand as the all time apex of tim. But the season 2 M.O. of only playing old games that are good is a good sign

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Part 3 kind of felt like the tim version of a joseph anderson video, where the majority of it is just explaining the plot of the thing you're supposed to have played before watching the video

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There are a few oblique mentions of ryu ga gotoku during the fashion derail in part 6. I think he also interviewed toshihiro nagoshi at some point during his kotaku video years though I haven't watched it. But you're not wrong, it seems like a safe bet he doesn't really like them

edit: lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNx3xwDfStw&t=24s

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 28, 2021

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The top tier tim in my experience is tokimeki and the ff7 mosey series. Are there any other particularly good videos from the kotaku days? I've watched a few but they usually felt like normal-ish albeit tim-infused previews/reviews

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Amethyst posted:

Just finished story #6 and need to fight the urge to spend $2500 on jackets and chairs

There are worse decisions in the world than getting a nice chair. But yeah I feel ya

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It seems like more and more, people are saying that tim is fantastic

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It kind of owns how bad his videos there performed generally. Pearls before swine

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I've watched all the parts like a criminal, and yeah he didn't really have much to say about the OST in general. Kind of strange, I take it as a sign he didn't really vibe with it. I didn't really vibe with it either, but I think a lot of the music was at least interesting

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Simply licsensing the tokimeki junk shop song would have raised cyberpunk's metascore by 5 points. But to be fair this is true of all games

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It does feel like it's about time for the tim hype cycle to begin anew. Fortunately tim has learned from his past experiences and this will be a smooth, efficient production process

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He had an announcement on his discord for some podcast he was on last week where he also mentioned he's editing the next video. I think he quit social media otherwise, which I'm never going to blame anyone for in general, but was probably an especially good idea in his case. IDK if it's good for the hype or patreon bux, but it seems like a more sane and sustainable way to operate than... whatever went on with the cyberpunk review

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What’s the bonus content. I could go for some extra tim but I don’t like doing a patreon sight unseen

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I imagine tim will get a vid out before the end of the year. Looking forward to it. Signed, the realistic expectations haver

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think a vid per year is a realistic pace for a non crunching tim, I got any expectations otherwise out of my system in the cyberpunk hype cycle. Looking forward to it at any speed

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think tim's holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to subscribe. If you believe anything he says about release dates at this point I think that's at least as much of a you problem as a him problem. All in all, seems like something for market forces to sort out

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I tried listening to it once but even as a moderate tim fan it didn't click for me at all. They actually do seem to keep up a fairly consistent weekly or biweekly schedule for it so good on them

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't believe it's tim day

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Entire review is already worth it just for this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was a good tim. More of a one time watch than the others though. Respect to the kansas act but I shan't return to it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't really know what tim's season 2 gameplan is. Before this video my understanding was they were going to be shorter and have more segments produced by people he wanted to hire, neither of which seemingly manifested this time.

I think I'm at peace with one year or so per tim given they are 6 hour videos at such a high degree of elaborateness produced, written, directed, and acted by one person. Maybe the one not at peace with that, is tim himself

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not the manager of tim, and if elected to that position I would not serve. He should follow his own strange star

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think in his case, he has to stop himself from doing that by finding inner peace

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As with every tim friday stream, it seems more a litany of grievances

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I hope tim's doing well. When I peek in on the friday streams he usually seems just kind of generally irritated but maybe that's what being in a Creative State is like for him

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Deeply conflicted feelings upon hearing reports that tim is at it again

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I hope tim's birthday is going well

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The sure sign that tim season is drawing a bit closer once more is all the posters starting to get riled up. They sense it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't know if I'm particularly pining to hear about LA Noire but Tim Finds A Way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think tim is hustling anyone at this point. His rate of production is what it is and people who want to back him do so knowing that.

Are we still litigating the cyberpunk review? I think he owned up to that considering he left all social media and stopped giving estimates entirely