Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
wtf why hasnt it started yet i need to know if cyberpunk is good or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
tim rogers is the andy kaufman of our era

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
is this review like twenty hours long or what

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
would own if he forgot to change the video feed and it stayed on this stand by graphic the whole time

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lmao that pc tower

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
the review is just ten hours of tim responding to his hatemail

gently caress i was right

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
new season of on cinema is going great

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
this is hilarious on so many levels

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ok im into this

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

fez_machine posted:

he's going to review the patches isn't he

gently caress i hope so

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
weird that he made a game about corgis yet everything in his place is pomeranians

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
fans are weird and tim's chat is full of fans

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
this review is going to be at AGDQ next year

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
tbf if would have been hilarious if the video was just an hour long after all these delays

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tracecomplete posted:

The writing is fantastic as always, but even for Tim Rogers's Tim Rogersing by Tim Rogers, I don't see why he had to hold his breath for the 4K version. His monologue footage is either 1080p or badly out of focus--when you see him cut to his own old footage of the FF7R review, it looks right. It's kinda distracting.

If it's a bit, and he goes Properly Ultra High Definition by the end, I am sending him a hundred dollars immediately.

more than likely it's because he included 4K captures from the game and wanted them to be shown accurately, I'm sure he explained the intent in one of his 50,000 word patreon updates.

tracecomplete posted:

Yeah once I started seeing the B camera, I realized it was just messed up. That, from him, is super weird.

sure seems like he does these mostly by himself outside of a few special shots, stuff like an out of focus camera is easy to miss when you try to do it all on your own and i know hes insane and everything but i dont see him wanting to reshoot hours of intro. i probably would have though it looks extremely out of place.

he also has bad vision so maybe he just didnt notice

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 27, 2021

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
started with part three and it was fun

heading into part six tomorrow

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tracecomplete posted:

The other segments are in focus.

Watching four and three, and then it's onto The Bottom Line.

i only meant the resolution side of it, not the focus. definitely not defending loving that up, its why you should always have a partner on video stuff if only to catch things you might miss.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rexicon1 posted:

Tim Rogers is cool and I like his video

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
excited to see a review of the best final fantasy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Tim Rogers is a genius and I kinda want to play Cyberpunk 2077 now

watching these convinced me to go back and finish it. i got up to the parade part and just stopped playing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Harrow posted:

That's definitely part of the Tim Rogers appeal. I think a lot of people ended up being shocked they watched a 6-hour video on Tokimeki Memorial and it was just because it was fun to watch Tim talk about it, and hell, by the end, maybe more people cared about Tokimeki Memorial (which was probably the goal).

Yeah I've gotten plenty of people that never play games to watch that one and they were fascinated. Dude's mind is fascinating.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Walla posted:

I think I might try the Tokimeki video after this one. I drive for a living so these make good podcasts even if I get a lesser experience.

Also I'm trying to remember all of the cyberpunk games he played on Nintendo and Sega systems and the PC-98, because I want to try them out. All I can remember is Shadowrun though.

Shadowrun, Shadowrun, Shadowrun, Shadowrun Returns, Syndicate, Snatcher, and some other games.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MarcusSA posted:

I am in the same boat.

Like I like it??

Im not going to finish the CP2077 video because I want to put some time into the Pc version first but Im going to watch some of his other videos.

watch the tokimeki memorial review, it's incredible

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

elf help book posted:

heres a youtube list of all his solo stuff while at kotaku that you can browse
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEHueUQ2QvbEyVtKSLEBGdSE

loving hell thats alot of videos

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That video of Tim watching and critiquing his death stranding review is fascinating. Highly recommended.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

General Dog posted:

Tim is working on a remake of his Last of Us review

This has a greater than 50% chance of being true

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What is this game

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lmao that cyberpunk insert in the intro

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Tim should setup a deal with the publishers of these games to work on a translation and official rerelease on modern platforms to coincide with his video coming out. I would definitely buy this after just 20min of the review.

Good to know the translation is out soon

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Finally finished it, great work from Tim yet again.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Escobarbarian posted:

lmao

everything we know so far:

LA Noire is 202
Castlevania Rondo of Blood is 203
Final Fantasy IV is either 204 or 205
We do not know which the other is!
Earthbound is 206

im going to lose my mind when he gets to rondo and FFIV

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Framboise posted:

Tim doing a video on FFIV and Earthbound should be a reason for anyone to keep pushin' on through life. I don't think there's anything I'd anticipate harder than Tim's commentary on Earthbound especially.

it might inspire me to finally finish earthbound

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

moller posted:

Hold on, Tim sat at a high school lunch table with Subway Jared?

and one of them never truly left high school

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I really need tim to do nier automata next season.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

History Comes Inside! posted:

Any of the Nier games would be a total waste because they are navel-gazey enough all by themselves, and I say that as someone who likes them enough to have a tattoo of Emil

Exactly it would be like twenty hours long and he would never finish it

But really I just want dark souls

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah not good enough I need him to film a vacation to visit some old castle in eastern europe

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fresh posts in the Tim thread always get me hopeful it’s new video time

You just ruined my Thursday

:same:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
new vid?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
shame tim missed his chance to do a review of the original re4 this week

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
new review up yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Angryhead posted:

The newest episode of the Insert Credit Show is something special - they lost Frank Cifaldi's audio so (this is revealed at the very start but I'm going to spoiler tag it anyway) Tim uses his "99% perfect recall" to fill in Frank's parts (in a very Tim Rogers way, of course) :allears:

https://insertcredit.com/show/284/

This is amazing, Tim should replace a different person every episode.