Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN
I'm sorry Tim, I'm never going to even consider skimming a six hour youtube about a video game. it's just never going to happen and I don't understand why anyone would create such a thing. it's a worse use of electricity than bitcoin

bloodysabbath posted:

I swear I remember an article on Action Button (before he became a fuckin Kotakuite and would still actually deliver an amusing piece from time to time) where a “review” of a game essentially turned into a thesis regarding the time he invited a girl back to his apartment, got shot down, and basically ended up playing a Mario game instead of smashing. Straight livejournal bullshit.

this though, I can appreciate. cuts to the core of life as a True Gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
okay hold up. "first episode of the review"?

quote:

Having to produce videos acts as something of an editor on him (lol this didn’t pan out in the long term!)
evidently not!

the "special structure" bit has me intrigued though, so mission accomplished

take boat
Jul 8, 2006

mea culpa, I 100% approve of using youtube's technical failings as a framing device

in my defense though, pioneering the episodic review would be very on-brand for him

take boat
Jul 8, 2006

inferis posted:

It’s around 1 hour every 37 days or so right now based on a very rough estimate I did last week

time spent calculating the amount of content is itself content, if you think about it