Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Xaintrailles posted:

It's situational. You want a straight sword if fighting one-on-one, armoured opponents, or in a confined space. You want a curved sword if you want to look like a loving clown and die immediately.

:hmmyes:

signalnoise posted:

This all depends on whether a macuahuitl counts as a sword

swords are made of metal, sorry azteca, maybe discover iron metallurgy or something if you wanna join the conversation LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

luv to have one of the most dangerous melee weapons ever known to exist bounce harmlessly off my enemies armour because i can't stab with it, and then shatter because it is made of extremely brittle glass

obsidian is way sharper than steel, but it makes a primitive weapon fit only for chopping up primitive opponents (and slaves :classiclol:)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also it can't be made curved so it's automatically disqualified from this thread, wrap it up aztecailures

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Oh, your dad gave you a straight sword? That’s nice I guess. My dad gave me a shotel

had to google this

:popeye:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

curved. swords.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Walrus posted:

u seriously dont dark souls dude???

sorry, i prefer to study the blade irl than in entertainment made for children

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhh Gladius???????? Dumbass...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nosfereefer posted:

the sword is the f-35 of melee weapons

disparaging the humble sword and then selecting a halberd, of all weapons..............