Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

GolfHole posted:

hmm idk, you'd want to be hit by the curved sword, not the straight sword

the curved sword will be a cleaner cut, less blunt force, and unlikely to pierce and drag organs through one another
a curved sword fees the user's momentum to continue forward through the strike, mitigating inertia (for both attacker and victim). it's for attacking on the go.

the straight sword is for stabbing and/or killing. theres a reason the romans used otherwise-inferior stabby swords -- the people stabbed by them eventually died, almost always. probably slowly.

all things considered you would 100% want to get hit by a scimitar, not skewered on a rapier

thank you for coming to my ded talk

i dunno, i may prefer a tiny stab hole all the way through my arm versus a curvy sword lopping it off, or at least cutting to the bone.

Same with torso really.

I think we all need more research. Let's watch deadliest warrior

dadliest warrior aha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU