Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kellogg-faces-5-million-lawsuit-022139983.html

quote:

Kellogg’s strawberry-flavored Pop-Tarts need more strawberries, according to a lawsuit filed against the company in August.

A class-action lawsuit, filed by Anita Harris in the Southern District of Illinois, argues that the Kellogg Sales Company is misleading consumers by promoting the breakfast pastry’s strawberry filling in its labels and marketing, giving an impression that the fruit filling contains "a greater relative and absolute amount of strawberries than it does.”

In reality, the company’s “Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries” contain 2% or less of “dried strawberries, dried pears, dried apples” and “red 40,” according to its nutrition label.

Harris claims the Pop-Tarts “cannot provide a true strawberry taste” since it is overwhelmed by “significant amounts” of pears and apples, and says the red food coloring gives consumers “the false impression” that the pastries contain more strawberries.

The lawsuit said if Harris had known the truth, she would not have bought the Pop-Tarts.

“Whether a toaster pastry contains only strawberries or merely some strawberries ... is basic front label information consumers rely on when making quick decisions at the grocery store,” the lawsuit reads. “Strawberries are the Product’s characterizing ingredient ... (consumers) believe they are present in an amount greater than is the case."

The lawsuit compares Kellogg’s product to similar toaster pastries from other brands like Walmart’s Great Value and Dollar Tree’s Clover Valley. The competitors also offer “frosted strawberry” pastries but note that they are “Naturally & Artificially Flavored,” according to the lawsuit.

Kellogg’s did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The lawsuit goes on to cite the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act, which says deceptive acts such as “false pretense, false promise, misrepresentation or the concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact” is unlawful.

I'm sure we're all wondering the same thing. Does this apply to every flavor? Imma feel ripped off if the blueberry isn't real.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Blaise330 posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kellogg-faces-5-million-lawsuit-022139983.html

I'm sure we're all wondering the same thing. Does this apply to every flavor? Imma feel ripped off if the blueberry isn't real.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

well i guess you earned this thread tag op,

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm stunned that what's essentially two bleached graham crackers with a candy crust with sprinkles on it doesn't have God's own natural harvest of real fruit as filling.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Imagine if this guy gets more strawberry in the tart tho. He'll be a fuckin' legend.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow ban me threads are getting really lazy these days :lol:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Great, next you’re gonna tell me Little Debbie’s ‘Pumpkin Delights’* have no real pumpkin filling in them? :nixon:

* The last time I had anything Little Debbie’s was four years ago. poo poo was pure sugar with a pure sugar filling. I could feel my teeth decay in real time :barf:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm surprised there was even 2% of any actual fruit in there.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

I'm stunned that what's essentially two bleached graham crackers with a candy crust with sprinkles on it doesn't have God's own natural harvest of real fruit as filling.

Don't worry, you can make your own from this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
2% fruit; 98% fire accellerant

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
OP assassinated by Big Grain.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
My "made with REAL cheese" label seems to be raising a lot of questions already answered by the label.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Crunchberries aren’t really berries at all!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can't believe in 2021 attention/hot are still autobans. Yes, I know they are in the sidebar, it just seems like a product of the earlier, comedy forums.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I mean

God bless this country. You can sue anyone for any reason at any time

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

quote:

Harris claims the Pop-Tarts “cannot provide a true strawberry taste” since it is overwhelmed by “significant amounts” of pears and apples

It doesn't provide a true strawberry taste because it isn't real food, lol not because of trace amounts of other fruits.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This is a good thread and a well earned criticism of multinational food scammers and diabetes inducers Kellogg's. But since OP got autobanned due to low blood sugar or high blood sugar or whatever, I cbf commenting further.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

kazil posted:

It doesn't provide a true strawberry taste because it isn't real food, lol not because of trace amounts of other fruits.

I would love to see Kellogg's law team take this angle in court

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Kellogs stole my foreskin

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

I would love to see Kellogg's law team take this angle in court

If the filling is poo poo, you must acquit

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hth OP

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This guy really out here picking the important battles of 2021

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

rest in piss op

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

Kellogs stole my foreskin

One of the worst human beings in history. Literally broke the brains and the bodies of generations of people.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Imma come right out and say it if nobody else will: why do we even have those buttons?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Can't believe in 2021 attention/hot are still autobans. Yes, I know they are in the sidebar, it just seems like a product of the earlier, comedy forums.

It would be somewhat understandable for a new member to make this mistake but OP's reg date is 2007, he's been here for 14 years lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Applewhite posted:

Imma come right out and say it if nobody else will: why do we even have those buttons?

Because it's funny to see someone too dumb to read the directions for posting a thread autoban themselves.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Applewhite posted:

Same reason you can still pay $$$ to change someone else's avatar: grift.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I hope when it's time for my ban, I can go out like OP, and not like a whiney loser who just says "I hate this place now"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Think about it surely this is a perfect example of something important enough to be worth the attention grabbing tag.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Perhaps OP thought eating a ban would bring more attention to the issue, like the self-immolation of Thích Quảng Đức.
I, for one, think OP is a hero. I've eaten plenty of Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts® in my lifetime, but had I known exactly the percentage of strawberries involved, well, I'd be furious!!! Hopefully these posts bring greater transparency and justice to this issue.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I ate poptarts once and it was like eating two flaps of throat-choking crumbly cardboard with the saddest 1/2 teaspoon of "all natural strawberry flavoring" syrup/crust that included very Natural and Healthy ingredients such as Red Number 4 and Yellow Lake Number 5 and I wished I had a bottle of water to help choke it down or just ate some eggs and hotdogs fried up in a pan instead

Thanks for coming to my tedtalk

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

reignofevil posted:

Think about it surely this is a perfect example of something important enough to be worth the attention grabbing tag.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow eggs and hotdogs. This goon KNOWS food

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

Because it's funny

the lawsuit posted:

In reality, the company’s “Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries” contain 2% or less of “dried strawberries, dried pears, dried apples” and “red 40,” according to its nutrition label.

Ok so it's actually on the label, but.... what?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

reignofevil posted:

OP is tank man, standing defiantly before an endless procession of kelloggs tanks, knowing that he will be crushed but his spirit of vigilance will live on in our hearts.

We know what you've done, you bastards

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I refuse to believe that people who eat poptarts know what actual strawberries taste like.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

autoban doubters, smdh

anyone remember when jeff fatwood came to SA to "fix" the concept for forums and couldn't get through his thick skull that the autoban feature was intentional and not a bug

e: i avoid this strawberry problem by only eating the fakest of flavors such as 'confetti' and 'blue'

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

quote:

“Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries” contain 2% or less of “dried strawberries, dried pears, dried apples” and “red 40,” according to its nutrition label.

I mean, yeah? There's almost no filling in a Pop-Tart and dried fruit is obviously going to weigh less than all the palm oil and corn syrup.

But this is meaningless anyway because the only worthwhile pop-tart is brown sugar.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
To be honest I'm disturbed by the perceived influence of big cereal on this forum's automoderation policy. Furthermore, Frosties are not great, despite what their twisted cat mascot tells children in commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
No wonder you don't see Pop Tarts any more here in the EU.
They have Red 40, a cancer causing agent thats banned.

Enjoy your fake strawberry flavored tumors