Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I make the frosting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

I make the frosting

what i say right before i cum

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"I wanna frost your poptart" should be a song

burning swine
May 26, 2004

burning swine posted:

I'll dig it up. I was hoping to find an SAClopedia entry to point me to it but no such luck.

At least one of his threads was in yospos, I guess he figured they would be his people

narrator: they were not his people

having the hardest time finding _anything_ about this using forums search. I guess I don't know the keywords. I tried "Jeff Fatwood" "Snack Overflow" and "Six Course". Out of ideas. I did find this odd screenshot in which our boy Jeff tacitly acknowledges the incident:

If anyone else has the thread link feel free to chime in

naem
May 29, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Kellogs stole my foreskin

Waltzing Along posted:

One of the worst human beings in history. Literally broke the brains and the bodies of generations of people.

the joke is on him, I’m circumcised and I masturbate constantly

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Imagined posted:

I don't know what's worse: diabetes-inducing junk food garbage, or goons tripping all over themselves any time such food is mentioned to declare how they would never sully their bodies with such filth and how they tried such a thing once, long ago, and thought the sugar-and-fat-filled dopamine-bomb literally deliberately engineered to be addictively delicious tasted like soot and ashes to their refined pallete, honest

I think what's worse is the fact that there's a "brown sugar" flavor of Pop-Tart, as if the flavor wasn't already pretty much just sugar.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it also has cinnamon And it's objectively the best flavor :colbert:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I have good memories of eating a hot brown sugar or chocolate poptart in the winter when it got cold. The fruit flavors are gross.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:hmmyes:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smores pop tarts are legit

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Junk posted:

lol no i missed this, what happened? sounds funny

he came into yospos and started earnestly posting ideas about how to modernize forums with open source technologies and "cool" stuff such as gamification/badges and infinite scrolling, he was made fun of (jeff fatwood of snack overflow) and everyone belittled his ideas so he went away and started this: https://www.discourse.org/

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

it also has cinnamon And it's objectively the best flavor :colbert:

someone remove this man's privileges

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

Do europeans go wild for pop tarts? I have a friend who used to do a snack exchange with some of her internet friends around the world, where they would mail each other food from various countries. I helped her shop for them and saw the packages she put together, and like 50% of the volume shipped out to them was boxes of pop tarts -- at their request. I think they were mainly sent to the UK and Germany. (Yes I'm calling the UK European here, I'm American and it's my right to do so.)

I posted earlier that they used to be sold here in Ireland directly in shops, but you rarely see them now.
I think we have to import them.
Back as kids we went mental over them as we had heard about them or seen them on US kid shows and movies.
So its probably one of the foods from the US we want to try out the most.

It's like Oreos too, they used to be non-existant here.
We always wondered what they must taste like.
Now they are here.
And taste like poo poo.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

happyhippy posted:

Now they are here.
And taste like poo poo.

:wrong:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

happyhippy posted:

Now they are here.
And taste like poo poo.

Ok I can roll with complaining about pop tarts but Oreos? :cmon:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

These are crimes most foul. Send him to the anti-snackist gulag!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The cream in the middle of an Oreo is ok sure.
But the actual biscuit itself, looks nice, looks like it will be chocolatey.
But it's dry and powdery.
It's no wonder you drink milk with it, to hide how bland it is.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's made out of coal

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Why aren't more of you Americans working out how to get your hands on some of that sweet, sweet lawsuit money? Come now, I hear it's most Yanks' main source of income.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Dixville posted:

I have good memories of eating a hot brown sugar or chocolate poptart in the winter when it got cold. The fruit flavors are gross.

This guy gets it. My fav now after discovering them in college is chocolate chip pop tarts since they’re basically cookies. But brown sugar was my go to as a kid. Eat the edges off first so I can enjoy the sugary middle section last.

Tried a strawberry pop tart once and it was awful. And I love strawberries.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

latinotwink1997 posted:

This guy gets it. My fav now after discovering them in college is chocolate chip pop tarts since they’re basically cookies. But brown sugar was my go to as a kid. Eat the edges off first so I can enjoy the sugary middle section last.

Tried a strawberry pop tart once and it was awful. And I love strawberries.

are you really a Latino Twink

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

The cream in the middle of an Oreo is ok sure.
But the actual biscuit itself, looks nice, looks like it will be chocolatey.
But it's dry and powdery.
It's no wonder you drink milk with it, to hide how bland it is.

Yeah they're just about the worst cookies and I've never understood why they're so popular

Bitter dry crumbly dust

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

*glances nervously at your mod star*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I love the edges of pop tarts and would absolutely buy a WHOOPS ALL CRUST variety.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I love the edges of pop tarts and would absolutely buy a WHOOPS ALL CRUST variety.

this sort of madness must be why unfrosted pop tarts exist

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
one day all households will have a third tap on their kitchen sink dispensing nothing but the finest pop-tart fillings straight to your home! fillings will be changed weekly and it is advised not to use the taps on tuesdays due to the ammonium pipe flush process resulting in minor taste defects

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Y'all crazy. Frosted with fruit is the only acceptable option.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Y'all crazy. Frosted with fruit is the only acceptable option.

Well that’s what got us into this mess in the first place!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
it has not yet been pointed out that "pop tart" sounds suspiciously similar to "top fart"

edit: "poop farts" doesn't count

naem
May 29, 2011

pop-tarts and hot-pockets are things your busy parents might keep in the house and act like it’s a big treat when they have to work late and say “you can heat one up yourself like a big boy” when you’re about 12 or so and don’t realize you’re being a little tiny bit neglected

OR your parents WONT let you have them and you resent it and as a young adult you buy them nostalgically after a couple years and are like “hey! cardboard and rear end!!”

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just remembered one time when i was a kid i put a pop tart with the metal foil packaging still on in the microwave once. My mom told me i couldn't have another one so i ate the partially burnt one.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Aardvark! posted:

<—-this is what you get when you post in a “free random new username” thread. So no.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Imagined posted:

I don't know what's worse: diabetes-inducing junk food garbage, or goons tripping all over themselves any time such food is mentioned to declare how they would never sully their bodies with such filth and how they tried such a thing once, long ago, and thought the sugar-and-fat-filled dopamine-bomb literally deliberately engineered to be addictively delicious tasted like soot and ashes to their refined pallete, honest

This, but for like every thread. I'd love a pearl clutching goon BIIIIITCH call out thread but it'd be too helldumpy I guess. The twitch thread alone could support its own thread. This kind of posting should be probatable imo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Imagined posted:

idk, these both sound pretty bad but at least they aren't NOT TALKING ABOUT POP TARTS in the POP TARTS THREAD

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
I don't like poptarts just fyi

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
I guess brown sugar is alright dunked in coffee though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

I guess brown sugar is alright dunked in coffee though

Woah :aaaaa:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

latinotwink1997 posted:

<—-this is what you get when you post in a “free random new username” thread. So no.

don't I know it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So apparently this is this guy's thing.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/30/1050175655/strawberry-pop-tarts-lawyer-spencer-sheehan-vanilla-lime-food-beverage

quote:

These suits and scores of others were all filed by the same lawyer, a New York-based plaintiffs' attorney named Spencer Sheehan. In recent years, Sheehan has filed more than 400 lawsuits targeting products in almost every aisle of the grocery store, all alleging that corporations are misleading consumers with claims on advertising and packaging that, Sheehan says, don't hold up to scrutiny.

His prolificacy has almost single-handedly caused a historic spike in the number of class action lawsuits against food and beverage companies — up more than 1000% since 2008 — in an effort that has vexed food companies and won respect from consumer advocacy groups.
The breadth and pace of Sheehan's efforts are remarkable: He filed suit against Frito-Lay alleging it didn't use enough real lime juice in its "hint of lime" Tostitos. He accused Coors of suggesting its pineapple-and-mango-flavored Vizzy Hard Seltzers are sources of Vitamin C "nutritionally-equivalent" to actual pineapples and mangos. He said Snack Pack pudding — which is advertised as being "made with real milk" — misled consumers because it is made with fat-free skim milk.

And that was just May 2021. Sheehan filed six other suits that month, and in the months since, he has filed at least 70 more, at a rate of about three per week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Imagined posted:

As a garbage goon who loves eating diabetes-inducing junk food garbage all day; it’s very possible they had the store brand pop tarts like Walmart’s Great Value, which truly are disgusting. Also Hot Fudge Sundae is the best (red velvet is bad, unfortunately).