Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
They need someone to helm Who, who has the guts to make it a little more serious and completely take out the camp because it is massively derogatory to the show. Chibnall could have made Jodies run amazing, but it really did fall flat. The Timeless Child ret con was just an awful thing to do to Dr Who as a whole. I am still amazed this got the greeen light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
That was...... pretty good. Hated the first 5 minutes but it picked up after the opening credits and I was entertained. Looking forward to next week.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Vinylshadow posted:

Gotta give them points for lookin' fly in those outfits though

Ahhh gently caress, the camp arrives

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

BooDooBoo posted:

Getting some strong Doomlord vibes from those two!

I like Dan, we've not had a Companion just forced into the role in the revival yet, he didn't choose to travel with The Doctor, but he's stuck now, it's very Ian and Barbara!

Eagles Doomlord was the loving poo poo to 9yr old me back in 81. The first two incarnations of Doomlord were evil and tried to destroy earth. The third was good and became earths protector and even had a son.

Dan Dare was also rad as gently caress

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Jerusalem posted:

A bajillion years chained up to a pillar and he is REALLY making up for lost time by hamming it up with his poses while that poor dude was futilely shooting his gun at him :allears:

That scene reminded me so much of The Mask, I loved it.

Another great episode. Two in a row? Chibnalls on a roll. I really want to know more with what gives with the TARDIS right now. Having the TARDIS as an almost omnipotent being in itself acting alln out of whack is intriguing. You can tell its in big trouble with the constqnt ringing of the cloister bell. One thing I have a small gripe with since Nu Who began is the lack of TARDIS orientated stories (apart from that one episode where the barmaid from Coronation Street decided to have an adventure)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
The Not Paul Bettany and Not Helena Bonham Carter skull gang actually own balls. Those actors are loving it up and chewing scenery are having a blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Payndz posted:

Why would the Daleks need a specific reason to kill the Doctor? Wouldn't "DALEKS DO NOT LIKE DOCTORS!" be enough?