Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
There was a lot going on in that episode. Wondering why Yaz is essentially being shut out and not told things.
They also REALLY want us to like Dan. The charity work, the love for his community, the altruism. They went too hard with the schmaltz with him. Ugh.
Oh and that odd interaction with Clare and they fob her off. At least ask the cliffnotes so you can stay one step ahead!
Finally. That guy in the outpost, I was hoping it was the captain back from The Satan Pit but oh well.
I honestly don’t know what to expect. I just don’t want it all to be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

OldMemes posted:

Yaz continues to come across as entitled - the Doctor/companion relationship is meant to be a fundamentally unequal one, so her moaning about not being kept in the loop comes across as grating, especially when 13 isn't half as manipulative or chessmaster-y as say, 7 was with Ace.

While the relationship is always going to be unequal, my partner & I agreed that 13 is a bit too abrupt/rude to Yaz. She’s been with 13 for years at this point but still gets barked at like a newbie. Even when asking reasonable questions. And after 13 said they’d have a chat.

As for the romance stuff; I’d expect Yaz would be grappling with not only her own sexuality but of her cultural expectations. (Her mum or sister was open to a girlfriend back in that terrible spider episode, right?)

Also, the episode was quite enjoyable. It’s a shame we are only getting good episodes like this at the end of the run.