Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The Doctor taking credit for the infamous corner taken quickly to Origi. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Also, the Big Bad is totally Crispy Master, right?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The Great Serpent is going to end up being taking down by Ted Hastings anyway.

(Also, mysterious lady is totally the Black Guardian, isn't she?)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The one-electron universe, but for the Doctor instead.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I hate Twitter.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

This is one of those voiceover parody things from a British quiz show or something right, a comedian putting ludicrous lines over stock footage of an MP right? There's no way this is an actual real thing that a real politician really said, right? RIGHT!?! :psypop:

That MP who got murdered last month was previously most famous for asking the Home Office about what they were doing to combat the rise of the use of the drug "cake".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I don't like imagining the doctor pissing and making GBS threads. I previously kind of assumed the tardis vortex took care of that or something else timelordy. The fact it shits and pisses means there's certainly a plot or alien or something out in the universe that'll have to revolve around the doctor's expulsions. Someone out there making time grenades out of timelord piss and poo poo.

There’s a waste tank on Deck 7 of the TARDIS, although you wouldn’t have noticed that line because you were probably still laughing at Capaldi doing the perfect “bigger on the inside” speech.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Strom Cuzewon posted:

"Alright Sheffield, keep your cutlery on" is both a terrible line, and an amazing line. I really like casual banter between the companions like that.

"Dan, are you from Liverpool? Why did you never tell us?"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

It is, of course, true to life. Liverpudlians, Mancunians, and people from Yorkshire can’t go a sentence without telling you where they’re from.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

For what it’s worth, when Evil Jodie was warning the Doctor about her impending death, the subtitles capitalised the word “Master”.

So… 2022 special plot?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Khanstant posted:

why didn't that lady want to go on a date with dan i guess they had planned at some point? what happened to her arm?

Some people are born without all twenty digits, it’s normal.

Also, if I wanted to go out on a date with someone and then ended up inside a weird robot prison I’d probably not want a second date.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Dan after being rejected: “what’s the point of being alive?”

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Quotey posted:

RTD's first episode. The Doctor opens the watch, walks to the Lungbarrow House, opens the door and... SUPRISE! Every companion from every audio drama, comic, mini, TV episode/serial, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party for the Doctor's 60th!

Except for Ricky the Idiot and Captain Jack, who get trapped in a time eddy. Again.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I hope that Chris Noth's character ends up being unceremoniously exterminated in the New Year's special so that the question of having another sex pest as US president in the show is dodged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

(I say modern DW because we already unfortunately know that the BBC was basically Sex Pest Central back in the original series' day. I recall reading something about the harassment Nicola Bryant endured during her first season as Peri, to name just one horrible example :smith:)

And, of course, you know, the time Jimmy Savile came to town and Colin suddenly became very protective of the little lad who had it fixed for him.