Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Khanstant posted:

who the gently caress are bel and vinder. i might have to rewatch the last episode before the next because really, no clue who they are or why they're important or are characters at all.

Inston-Vee Vinder of Kasto-Winfer-Foxfell (aka Grey Worm) and his pregnant girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The angels have always been loving garbage. You can blink with one eye at a time, for gently caress's sake.

e: as pointed out more eloquently above.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 21, 2021

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It could've been the Sandmen (remember those?), so let's at least count that blessing?

And I say that as someone who hated Blink.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Here's my obligatory head-scratching at the notion that so many people (ITT, and elsewhere) said "Blink" was the episode they used to introduce people to DW, because why would you show a new viewer an episode of one-off characters that barely features the Doctor? :confused: It's like showing someone "Mission to the Unknown" to try and get them into the classic series. (E: or rather it would be, if it wasn't a missing episode :v:)

It's the one with all the memes and people love memes.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Vinylshadow posted:

Since when have scared people ever made rational choices or had a clear head with which to think with?

The horror genre would be a ghost town

I used to think horror movie protagonists were stupid until *gestures around*

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Absolutely hated the episode as expected. They just keep making up poo poo re: the angels, as discussed to death. Still interested to see where Flux as a whole is going.

Someone mentioned the weird b&w house in episode 2 earlier in the thread - could that be Lungbarrow?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

"Huzzah! All the Daleks, Cybermen, and Sontarans are 100% gone forever! We will never see them again"

Literally the next ep preview "Oh poo poo Daleks! They're back somehow!"

Like.... gently caress me dead Chibnall...

Getting the contractually obligatory(?) Dalek appearance out of the way on 1/1 seems like a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm beginning to wish the BBC called Nation's estate's bluff about the mandatory Dalek thing because they would very quickly find out that nobody gives a gently caress outside of Doctor Who.