Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Given Dan’s house shrunk, the Master’s involved, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

Okay, new crazy theory based on very little actual information time since my last one has been so soundly destroyed now: Bel and Vinder's kid is gonna end up being the Timeless Child and it turns out this was all a big ol' loop that allows Not-Rassilon to figure out regeneration, that eventually leads to the Doctor meeting Vinder and eventually Bel and they stop the flux and the kid gets ejected out of the now discarded time-crazy timeline and meets Not-Rassilon who figures out regeneration that eventually leads to the Doctor meeting etc etc

How does the Master and his bullshit made-up story about the Doctor being the Timeless Child fit into all this? Well it turns out, shock of shocks, the Master lied.

I look forward to next week when I discard this theory and come up with some entirely new mad and bizarre idea that will in turn quickly be discarded.
I had the exact same theory.

I also kind of figured the old lady was Not-Rassilon.

The black-and-white flashback of that messed-up house we saw does add points to the season 6B Ruth theory. At least in my mind.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SiKboy posted:

Han Solo, Leia and Chewie will return in big finish adventures ~2035.

I’d listen to it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Also looks like the new year’s special is going to have a time loop as part of the premise. Has Doctor Who ever done that before? I don’t recall.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rochallor posted:

The primary issue with this, I think, is that the Doctor becomes the Doctor over the course of the first few serials. I'm not averse to pre-Hartnell incarnations, but by definition they'd have to be fundamentally different from the character we know as the Doctor. They'd just be some stick in the mud bureaucrat who spent all their time on Gallifrey.

Yeah I like the interpretation that the Doctor really became the Doctor when Ian stopped him bashing that caveman’s head in with a rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dabir posted:

Pretty sure we saw her in a bunch of Doctors' pasts, including directing One to our TARDIS instead of the one he was about to get into.

Although not the War Doctor's, so there's clearly some precedent.

I'm just going to assume Jo Martin's a season 6B doctor until I hear otherwise. And probably after that, too.