Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well there was the time he spent 2 billion years in a clockwork torture chamber...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That scene reminded me so much of The Mask, I loved it.

Another great episode. Two in a row? Chibnalls on a roll. I really want to know more with what gives with the TARDIS right now. Having the TARDIS as an almost omnipotent being in itself acting alln out of whack is intriguing. You can tell its in big trouble with the constqnt ringing of the cloister bell. One thing I have a small gripe with since Nu Who began is the lack of TARDIS orientated stories (apart from that one episode where the barmaid from Coronation Street decided to have an adventure)

Her name is Rose

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

what episode was he talking about?

He was talking about it having come back from being off the air, so presumable Trial of a Time Lord.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How did they speak in this episode? Did they have their own voices or was it another Angel Bob situation?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Winking helps but it still doesn't satisfy your brain's need to blink, at least for me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Since when have scared people ever made rational choices or had a clear head with which to think with?

The horror genre would be a ghost town

No you're thinking of Under the Lake.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The angels cover their eyes so they don't lock each other like happened at the end of Blink.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dave Brookshaw posted:

Lungbarrow was not cancelled, per se. It was the first draft of Ghost Light. They very wisely said "if we set this on Earth and make the spooky house Ace's backstory rather than the Doctor's, it will be filmable."

This explains a lot about Ghost Light.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Didn't RTD already do protecting the multiverse

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think it was always just the one universe, although people marooned in an another one were involved. Which incidentally... did the Division not notice that there is at least another universe with a Doctor gallivanting around?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHujK0lwIdI

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Love and Monsters.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also looks like the new year’s special is going to have a time loop as part of the premise. Has Doctor Who ever done that before? I don’t recall.

It's Big Finish, but The Chimes of Midnight.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sounds like giving this a miss was the right call.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Unless is explained in the episode it may has well been done by a magical wizard.

Yes, the Doctor.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Especially after they worked so hard to show how un-christ-like the doctor is and can be. There's no Warchrist.

Well...

Matthew 10:34-36 posted:

34 Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Okay, no future docs, but was she splintered across the all-Doctor's past, or just through 11's?

Pretty sure we saw her in a bunch of Doctors' pasts, including directing One to our TARDIS instead of the one he was about to get into.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Clara only went back to moments the Great Intelligence hosed with, so there's that to consider too. Maybe it couldn't go back any further because it didn't know where was any further to go?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Youtube just recommended me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iiC8fO-TMQ

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

The BBC isn't run by the government

That's been increasingly hard to argue as time goes by

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The top of the BBC, and especially in their news division, are stuffed full of Tories. They were so biased against Corbyn's Labour, it was insane.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's definitely not confined to the news department though. This is from just yesterday:
https://twitter.com/chortle/status/1473590865893466114

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We can at least say for sure that Chibnall hasn't approved anything as abominable as In the Forest of the Night, right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SiKboy posted:

If amazon kills a few people its not that big a deal, deep down amazon is the good guy.

That was bad, but it's unlikely that it would directly cause as much harm as "hey kids, don't take your meds, the voices are real and they need your help".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Updog Scully posted:

I recall people getting upset at Dark Water for the "don't cremate me" line, arguing that it would be insensitive towards those whose loved ones were recently cremated.

That's a spooky concept (and a deceptive part of an evil scheme cooked up by the villains). ITFOTN's denoument is the Doctor, our hero who's basically always right about everything, practically looking into the camera and going "If your kids are hearing voices, it's because they really are being contacted by the fairies, don't give them antipsychotics".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haven't they done Daleks with bullets in the classic series? Some technobabble handwave said their guns don't work here, so they had to stick machine guns on while they fixed it or something.