Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Or too few?

The Parting The of The Ways The

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
On the Timeless Child, if we are talking about more than one Doctor at a time would that be The Timeless Children?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't get that they were supposed to be sugar skulls until that picture. Halloween baby!

There were some things to like in that episode, but none of it plot related. The actor playing Dan did a good job, the new Sontaran design was nice, and I'm sure there was at least a third good thing too!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I thought when Dan put the wok into his coat right before he climbed the ladder that they were setting up an Eastwood/McFly moment where he gets shot and the dog goes nuts on the Sontarans thinking that he'd failed his human... but nope.

I liked it! It was better than the first episode. I am however staying cautiously pessimistic because Chibnall has been known to absolutely fail at bringing things back around and making a coherent story (remember how good the Master reveal was compared to the Master's last ep?).

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to slightly complain about the handling of the weeping angels. Chibnall thinks that it's just "don't blink" and that is what keeps them at bay. Wasn't it if you take your eyes off of them they can move? Because twice now, the camera in a pov (or over the shoulder) moves behind objects and breaks the line of sight from the Angel and it just stands there with its eyes covered (once with a lightpost/utility pole and once in the TARDIS with the big gem column). That slightly kills me each time it happens. I might have to go back and check, but did Yaz also just look away and back again and it was fine? There's no "you knew me at my best sir" moment here because just don't blink I guess.

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky!