Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Crosspeice posted:

Imagine if there's no mention of the Timeless Child at all, driving fans crazy for decades like the Valeyard.

I would, by far, prefer this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I don't really understand most of what happened in this episode. There was a storm (the "flux") that was going to destroy the Earth, but the dog ships blocked it? Which they always had the power to do, but they never thought to do it in a way that would protect the Earth? They were just going to take every person off the planet instead? And, while the Earth is (maybe?) saved now, the Doctor is not, right?

And the dog was being chased by the Doctor for...reasons? And the one guy's house was shrunk...why? Some defense mechanism left behind by the dog?

And then there's also the super evil alien who has been in a prison for thousands of years but is now free because of something? And he has a girlfriend who was trapped as another person? And they were warned of the evil alien being free, but the other person this girlfriend was trapped inside destroyed the warning system only to be turned back into the girlfriend? What happened here?

And then the Sontarans are...around? Maybe caused the flux as a first strike, maybe just taking advantage of it? Oh, and the one woman who recognized the Doctor but was then grabbed by the Weeping Angel out of nowhere and sent to god knows where?

I feel like there's more that confused me that I forgot. And it's just the first episode of a six part series. So fine, I'll keep waiting. But it's hard to even say I don't like it, because I have no idea what the hell I just watched.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Khanstant posted:

I'm kind of assuming the next few episodes will each explore one of the mystery questions set-up and then a finale that brings them altogether and ties or unties a knot wrt to the Timeless Child and/or Timeless Childses

This makes the most sense, and I feel dumb for not having thought of it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jerusalem posted:

"I've still got a human in this fight" :laugh:

The episode was gonna get a C from me, but this line made it an instant A+.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I am so drat confused. I guess that's better than being bored.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I think I'm ready to say that Flux just isn't working for me. We're over halfway through the 6 episodes and I don't really know what we're doing other than, "Trying to survive something really bad that's happening to the universe, also the Division is a thing that is bad" and I don't really care much about anything that's happening. Unless these last 2 episodes are really impressive at bringing things home...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Davros1 posted:

He was also in all the Pirates of the Caribbean films (as Jack Sparrow's first mate)

Oh my god, thank you. That’s where I knew him from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wow, I’m somehow more confused than before I watched the finale. They really just wrapped everything up without even trying to explain it, huh?

Khanstant posted:

wow i have literally no idea what i just saw or what happened.

okay so flux solved by stuffing it into a bag of holding. okay, whatever literally nobody cared about the flux at any point or thought it would ever mean or do anything.

i did miss if the universe went back to regular or not?

whats the snake pervert about, what's the point of him?

the crystal guy just killed himself and lady candy for failing, or is that guy a copy odf him, why were they the same?

who was the doctor the doctor was talking to and warning her of impending death and master appearance?

what was the point of bel and vinder? are the dogmen still basically extinct along with cybermen and daleks or was that undone?

whats the deal with the watches? what happened with tecteun or the division or whatever?

did nobody on earth ever notice the universe was being destroyed or taken over?

why didn't that lady want to go on a date with dan i guess they had planned at some point? what happened to her arm?

what were the angels involved for and did they get any resolution i missed?

Yeah, I basically have every question here, too. (Except the one about the woman’s arm. That’s obviously the actress’s arm and who cares?)