Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Just think - we're about a year away from the last Chibnall episode!

Doctor Who and the No Good Very Long Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'll watch it, and I'll hope for the best, and I hope it's great, and I really want it to be.

:sigh:

I want Jodie to be great, but Chibnall has just caused so many problems for the mythos.

Hopefully we get like 1-2 really great eps out of Flux and call it a day

:sigh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to the random half-arsed Great Value River Song style character intro and death in the middle of the ep.

Ep was... fine. I guess I'm just worried about more Timeless Child levels of loving with the series before Chibnall's out so I'm not enjoy it? It was 100% a setup ep tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Currently watching ep2 but has to pause and take a screenshot

Can't believe Yas has to stop and look at the note the Doctor left her. It's like she doesn't trust them at all.

Ridiculous.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OldMemes posted:

Especially with how wonderfully done the War Doctor was, Ruth seems like Chibnall rushing in and shouting "wait, I can do that too!". Which is a shame, because Jo Martin has been outstanding in all of her screentime. The timestream stuff felt like "The Name of the Doctor" but less satisfying.

I think she would have been an amazing choice for 14 instead of Fugitive Doc.

I just really loving hate everything about the Timeless Child and the fact there are Doctors before Hartnell.
It cheapens the lore, and felt like Martin was 'just' wheeled out to show a POC woman in the role.

Liie yeah nah mate, it's 2021 your fanbase is 110% onboard with progressive casting and messaging, just write a good story while you do it.

Can you imagine how much better it would have been to just straight up casually drop the 14 reveal mid-season? The reaction would have been insane.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catching up.. huh, Village of the Angels is legitimately rock solid.

Dan continues to be an absolutely dumb as bricks himbo, and I question why he's even there.. STILL!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

That's a good one word criticism. A good Who episode is basically tiny movie, you feel some emotional swings, some things resolved, greater mystery hinted at, maybe they said or did something really clever and charismatic. Flux is like Hello, hello, hello ---> ????????????????????????
---> ????????????????????????????????????????-----> stay tuned for more ???? until the finale I guess.

I haven't seen ep 5 yet, but the Professor from Village of Angels is a great example of introducing an episode character and making you give an actual poo poo about them

Dude was basically STARE BEAM ACTIVATE the entire ep and was wholly rational about it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So... like.. the bulk of the universe is dead to the fluxx and they're just leaving it like that?

Holy poo poo a glimmer of what 13 could be in the interrogation scene, which just makes all the other hackney writing stand out even more.
Jodie you deserved wayyyyy better, but gently caress me I'll be glad when you're gone.

Village of the Angels is the stand out ep for sure. Remove all the side-story nonsense and it'd be a killer stand alone ep.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Huzzah! All the Daleks, Cybermen, and Sontarans are 100% gone forever! We will never see them again"

Literally the next ep preview "Oh poo poo Daleks! They're back somehow!"

Like.... gently caress me dead Chibnall...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Doctor + The Fam 2.0™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Really wish RTD got at least one 13 season.

Join me in "Wishing Moffat got at least one 10 season" suffering