Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I remember that week between the two parts of The End of Time and wondering if they'd gotten all the goofy poo poo out of the way in Part 1. Then you have the Doctor jumping from the ship into the mansion halfway through Part 2 and I resigned myself to what it was. At least the resolution to the four knocks thing was executed really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I really hope we’re done with bullshit vague prophecies though. Both RTD and Moffat went to that well too many times.

There's a 50/50 chance that Sunday is going to end with a "Go find the true Timeless Child Doctor, for only then can you truly understand something something Time Lords"

Edit: People are also going to be pissed when the whole Yasmin is a Rutan reveal drops so look forward to that

J33uk fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 26, 2021

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Prentis is perhaps a little on the nose for an assumed name if they're doing what it looks like they are right?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

Give the script editors some credit. Chibnall wanted his alias to be Pent and then someone calls him Sir Pent as a wink to the audience.

"Prentis. It's short for Apprentice. After all, a humble founding member of UNIT couldn't possibly go around calling themselves..." *SMASH TO CREDITS*

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Carbon dioxide posted:

How come the doctor instantly died to the Dalek pew-pews (or at least caused the time reset) instead of regenerating?

I think it's come up before that if you get whammied hard enough regeneration doesn't have time to kick in. I want to say "Turn Left" from Season 4 of the revival dealt with this as well as some of the stuff towards the end of 12's run. So, I'm guessing that the rotary Dalek gun has enough to knock it down before it gets started, makes sense since they were a hit squad designed for her.

Edit: On the topic, if you've ever wondered what sepsis feels like as your body fights it, 12's explanation of every cell fighting on in agony is very very accurate

J33uk fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 2, 2022

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Rochallor posted:

That was just a rumor, right? Series 10 didn't have any Daleks I'm pretty sure.

They show up in "The Pilot" when they're trying to drag Puddle-Girl around. That said I think it's been confirmed it's not a real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

It's been stated repeatedly that there is no truth to it, but somehow a Dalek ALWAYS manages to appear in every single year that Doctor Who airs at least one episode, to the point that in Waters of Mars there's a flashback where one of the characters remembers seeing a Dalek come floating by her window when she was a little girl :laugh:

Seeing 80 Days Around The World this week with Tennant and Duncan reminded me that that particular actor combo was nuclear hot awesome.