Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Gutenberg.org, OP.

Also, I started reading L Morte D Arthur (the old kind Arthur anthology or whatever) and those dudes get into some pretty homoerotic action. Ironically someone made a thread (I want to say pick) about it that was p hilarious and very timely w my own reading

The thousand nights and one night is also p cool if you like those old school stories where there’s a lot of weird history poo poo going on and scores of characters getting their heads lobbed off w a passing reference to god being almighty, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I can’t read novels on a screen. My eyes just slide right off. Luckily there’s a magical place my tax dollars already fund that lets me just take any novel i please. There’s a nice new one I went to today that has a coffee shop built in.

Totally get it; I like my e-ink reader, but can’t enjoyably read off my phone, etc. also agree on the library front; public libraries literally changed my life for the positive in so many ways and it’s super depressing that many communities don’t realize the power not just in the books and the access provided by public computers, but the shared nondenominational common space

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Play posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say the a good number of the 'classics' are unreadable poo poo

Mark Twain is excellent, I like Steinbeck, I like Joseph Heller (if he counts) and I like Dostoyevsky. I love Gene Wolfe but I doubt many people would accept him being put in that category.

Most of the rest I've bounced off hard

Maybe you’re just a philistine