Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

np19
Dec 25, 2016
Everyone owes it to themselves to read Germinal by Emile Zola. I don’t hear enough people talk about it when the matter of “the classics” comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

np19
Dec 25, 2016

eSports Chaebol posted:

i was in an advanced lit course in middle school and read Grapes of Wrath in 8th grade and it went WAY over my head what the hell. and i was a really advanced reader for my age (don't worry it amounted to nothing as an adult, like fishmech). but now it is probably my favorite novel.

I read Grapes of Wrath for the first time last year. I think the reason it resonated with me so much was my accumulated life experience up until that point. I totally get why it would be lost on high schoolers who haven’t experienced much of anything.