Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Pocket Classics #lifehack

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

I don't understand, call who "Ishmael"?

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

I read "The Way We Live Now" and it revolves around the stock mania of building railroads but also because it's by Trollope it had plenty of hot upper class on lower class action. I was like, "drat, the mania for buying stocks in these rail companies that are nothing more than rumors is like the internet craze from the 00s or the theme of the song 'Big Rock Candy Mountain'" and then I googled to read criticism of the book and the first academic was like, "ON THE SURFACE, IDIOTS WILL DRAW PARALLELS BETWEEN THE STOCK MARKET MANIA OF THE BOOK AND THE INTERNET BUBBLE" so I stopped trying to read what others said about the books I read and instead read for pleasure... so no more Trollope, we're reading Zola where he still writes about heavily speculating in real estate and the stock market during the Second Empire but the son of the main character has nasty sex with his step mom