Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

WTFBEES posted:

Scout time. When we last left off, wiring was more or less together but nothing really worked. You all called out the neutral safety switch as a starting point. This was an excellent call because chasing that down lead to this.

Here we have the starting circuit and courtesy lights put into a two prong plug together, poorly stripped, twisted together and ultimately plugged into nothing. I believe the end result of this fuckery was the truck would only start if a door was open, but would do so irrespective of gear. Great work POs.
Once that was undone and sorted, we eventually got to the NSS itself. This was also good because the plug was plugged into nothing at all. That’s probably a result of it being a mangled melted mess.
Sounds like a somewhat lazy, somewhat effective effort at anti-theft.

I mean, it's very poorly implemented, but as an idea, I don't totally hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I wish I bought a scout when they were cheap. I'd love to have one now.

I'd say that's pretty accurate - I know someone who has bought many scouts over the years (and is a Good Scout Owner), and whenever he's acquired one from someone else there's universally something terribly stupid happening with it.