Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I'm eight episodes in and I can't pin it down, but it feels like the show has two different writing teams

I like it, but some of the jokes land and some of them do not with a vast difference between the two

Just plowed through the whole thing, and this was my takeaway too. There's some brutally funny poo poo in here, but it's mixed in with a lot of brutally low-effort filler, and despite being so high-concept it often feels very...safe? OP's observation that this is more Futurama than Rick and Morty is on the nose, and it's a much more generous comparison, because going by the latter standard this is mostly in the C+ range. It's getting better as it's going along, so if there's more to come I'm on board; I know I sound negative, but I actually like this quite a lot, it's got a ton of charm. ROBOTUS is the star and they need to make better use of ROBOTUS.

Also noted by other people, but the best thing about this is the casting. It's loving stacked, from main cast to bit parts. Surprised and delighted to discover that Bobby Lee wasn't thrown into a volcano decades ago.

In conclusion: Inside Job is a land of contrasts, but it's worth a lazy watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU