Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

put me down for Dreamscaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I will vouch for Pawnbarian having played it myself and yes, it's good

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

:doh: nimble enemies CAN be killed in one hit if the way they'd have to escape is impassable, i.e. you could have used the queen at 8:55 to kill that last dude because he can't go south. this also applies to nimble enemies that are bunched up next to others. important to this weakness is knowing that nimble enemies only ever escape the direction opposite the direction the attack is coming from; attack a nimble enemy from the south and it will only ever escape north, or from the northwest and it will only be able to escape southwest. a nimble enemy in a corner is dead no matter how you attack; a nimble enemy against a wall is dead as long you're not moving along the wall. this ALSO goes for if the nimble enemy's escape route is blocked by another enemy which is why I mentioned the whole bunched up thing

also I'm contractually required to vote for Fights in Tight Spaces because I've had too much fun with it

e: :argh: you even did kill one or two of them just like that!

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 7, 2021

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Felinoid posted:

Honestly I'd be fine with seeing FiTS (such a good acronym for the title, goddamn) or Sword of the Necromancer, so I'll put in a balancing vote for Sword of the Necromancer. I'm just too much of a sucker for a love story. :kimchi:

Sword of the Necromancer definitely looks sharp as hell and I'll be glad to vote for it when it hopefully comes up later

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

There's also the option to build decks from scratch too, very nice for getting lots of front kicks.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Black Future '88 because that had the best trailer and best music.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Going Under has a good aesthetic and looks like it'll be fun to see in action.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

was gonna be contrarian about what to see next and vote for something else but watching the trailers.... ehhh, yeah, Curse of the Dead Gods is the only one that doesn't feel overproduced

e: watched the videos, interesting idea and it does look well-made, but not for me

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 22, 2022

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Blade Assault

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Defend the Rook looks the most fun and polished even if Descenders might be entertaining somewhat at PBug's expense.

Party Bug posted:

All top-down action roguelites are made retroactively less fun by Hades existence, unfortunately. Just like all twin-sticks suffer from Enter the Gungeon having already being invented.

Haven't seen it before, so I'll throw it on the list!

counterpoint to the first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whqzf1d-E2w

e: and don't give me guff about the Berlin definition of "action roguelike". that is very, VERY often full of action and it's a roguelike

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 15, 2022

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Roguebook looks competent but kinda meh, Gone Viral is trying too hard, and Vivid Knight is way too enamored with the JRPG aesthetic. Lame choices this go-around.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

A sad showing. No dungeon, the character the game shoots for is thin gruel... even if it were shooting for "knowing Enter the Gungeon ripoff" you could get kind of mad or annoyed at the stuff it fucks up or how shamelessly it does things EtG did better or whatever, but it's not even trying for that. I wanted to compliment the music but while it gets a little better it's still not got any lasting or honestly varied character except 'decent' either. A game about a shade killing shades in Hell that's barely a shade of anything itself.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Shotgun King is very cool and really nicely done except for the part where the shields mechanic that exists to help stop you doing something stupid/run-ending will not, say, stop you from killing a pawn in front of a rook/bishop/queen that then kills you instantly (even though it WILL make you use up the shields to try shooting something with only 1 HP from a distance, which TBF can fail if you're trying from too far away and/or have taken too many blunderbusses). It's ended an embarrassing number of my runs that otherwise felt like they were going swimmingly and it seems like this would be easy to fix.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

They all look like winners but I gotta go with Dead Estate. Beat Invaders doesn't look bad and I'd never turn down a snazzy Galaga roguelike against any old chaff but this ain't an "any old chaff" lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

might just be me but there's something off with all of these trailers

but of the choices and the ways they might disappoint or live up to their promise I'll pick Brutal Orchestra