Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

What's hilarious is the "community" aspect all these NFT developers use to keep the grift alive. All the most successful NFTs bill themselves as online clubs in order to keep all the members drinking the koolaid and encouraging more people to buy resales of a loving jpeg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What's hilarious is the "community" aspect all these NFT developers use to keep the grift alive. All the most successful NFTs bill themselves as online clubs in order to keep all the members drinking the koolaid and encouraging more people to buy resales of a loving jpeg.

Dan Olson's got a fun thread going over a bunch of them as he just accepted every spam discord invite he got for NFT's

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1445986978189639680

There's.... a lot

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1446000169397338112

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I think NFT are stupid but hey man if you can make money off it go for it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sorry cryptobros, as a Lions fan, I only trade in kneecaps.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can't believe some model train enthusiast created a whole currency that's currently wrecking our world.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Midnightghoul posted:

What about his hands

8 1/4. safe to say he's doomed.

in truth poor guy can't even hold a football, it just slips right out every time and becomes this really sad slapstick routine where he desperately tries to get the ball to stay in his hand but it just won't and keeps slipping out in more and more bizarre ways. he starts sweating and cursing and turning red but no matter what it doesn't work. it's hard to watch tbh

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/PFF_Jarad/status/1455207727748235269

13/24, 129 yards passing and 5.4 yards per attempt

Play
Apr 25, 2006

pff is so high on their own farts I don't even know what the gently caress is going on over there these days.

you can either trust the evidence of your eyes and what the player actually accomplished in the game, or you can trust pff for no reason

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Also

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1455173713532538882?t=REMoj8We96WL9dZkjlgqzw&s=19

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

PFF sucks so much it makes DVOA look like QBR.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

advanced stats are always and have always been fake

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Alaois posted:

advanced stats are always and have always been fake

that's not even what pff is, really. it's a totally subjective 'formula' where idiots who apparently know nothing about football enter whatever number comes to mind on a scale for each aspect of a play. 'advanced stats' at least has the benefit of being actual statistics

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I hope the Draw Play features Trevor Siemian as a parody of the NFT monkey.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I enjoy this because it shows that JT owns

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Reminder that PFF just raised $50m in funding at a valuation north of $1 billion.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

PFF probably just looked at the Jets QB stats and forgot it's no longer Darnold.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mega64 posted:

PFF probably just looked at the Jets QB stats and forgot it's no longer Darnold.

That actually makes more sense than any other theory lol. Except Mike White threw two picks so you'd think he'd be below Stafford as well who had a clean 3 TD 0 INT day.

Anyways puzzling over it is pointless. That's probably what they want us to do. Better to just write it off as dumb poop for people with poop in their brains

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
You silly luddites will never be as good as a data scientist is at football.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yeah like numbers nerds are going to replace my Gut and Eyes. Lmao at the thought.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Oh no the numbers nerds are saying that Kirk Cousins doesn't fuckin suck!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I think it is taking Darnolds rushing into count, but goddamn does that not change that being stupid as poo poo

Edit: Darnold had 8 rushes for 66 yards lol

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 2, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he got eyes in his guts. Joe Burrow

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

glad the Ravens went from top right with Dobbins and Gus to literally the opposite bottom left

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Oh no the numbers nerds are saying that Kirk Cousins doesn't fuckin suck!

I'm reminded of a podcast I listened to with the guy who helped make QBR and he basically said they just kept trying formulas until they found one that aligned with his priors. Like "we had one that seemed promising, but Charlie Batch had the best game ever, and that can't be right, so we just tweaked it until it felt right." And no one on the podcast seemed to understand the problem with treating this formulas results as "fact."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

I'm reminded of a podcast I listened to with the guy who helped make QBR and he basically said they just kept trying formulas until they found one that aligned with his priors. Like "we had one that seemed promising, but Charlie Batch had the best game ever, and that can't be right

tbh if Ben "freaking moron" Baldwin had this in mind it would be better because he wouldn't tweet the poo poo I just posted

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There's no helping these people. Darnold got so many Big Time Points.

https://twitter.com/pff_jarad/status/1455314057834209287?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is almost murdering Robby Anderson a mistake?

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1454884277540335618

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Numbers. They add up. Look at em. They are there, and they add up.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
At least add in a "didn't throw a touchdown" negative modifier because that's what I think most people get mad about w/r/t qb pff ratings

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's to provide an objective framework to rank QBs in an unbiased manner. That's why there's Big Time Supercool Plays (TM)

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

tbh if Ben "freaking moron" Baldwin had this in mind it would be better because he wouldn't tweet the poo poo I just posted

Honestly, very good point.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
look i have no coaching experience and i know nothing about the playcalls or about what players roles are on any play or about what idiosyncratic thing theyre being coached to do in a sport that cherises secrecy and deception in playcalling, but i watched every throw sam darnold made with my face against the screen and i pressed every button on my calculator and thats what came out so i guess we all owe darnold and the jets an apology

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Rex Grossman is the all time leader in Big Time Throws

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Oof, that's some murderball right there.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
NFTs:banks :: advanced stats: big time throws

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

really queer Christmas posted:

This poo poo is bananas

No, bananas have intrinsic value

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Mac Jones had probably his worst game and Kirk Cousins was monstrously ineffective in that game, but I guess everyone below them threw ints to go along with their touchdowns so they were worse? Seems dumb.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

E not the gdt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i adore the way analytics has become something everyone pretends to care about but is largely still done by people who're idiots or manipulating the data. it never ceases to entertain