Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Panthers O line is absolute dogshit. According to those stupid rankings but also just according to one's eyes, they are terrible. Biggest problem with the team easily.

I mean we all saw how Darnold thrived behind the Jets' highly lacking O line, right?

Not saying he's good but the thing they need most of all, for Darnold or PJ Walker, is for the O line to get their heads out of their asses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

seiferguy posted:

The Steelers really should make a serious run at trying to acquire Russell Wilson for next year.

Tomlin has gone on record saying he wants a veteran qb over a rookie next year.

Also love how upset he gets answering the college coaching question, there are ppl in Pittsburgh who don't like him and they're all idiots.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kalli posted:

More Ben Baldwin posting:

Pretty bad for both eye test and actual advanced stats if you're telling me the Bears OL is average.

On the other hand, lol Chiefs Dline.

Print the Browns shirts

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Pretty bad for both eye test and actual advanced stats if you're telling me the Bears OL is average.

Analytics types keep insisting the Browns defense is actually good when they look like diarrhea fresh from an elephants rear end.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Analytics types keep insisting the Browns defense is actually good when they look like diarrhea fresh from an elephants rear end.

They're mediocre. Good enough to bully bad offenses, like Chicago, Minn, Hou, Denver. But not good enough to stop great offenses like KC, LAC, and Ari.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Also love how upset he gets answering the college coaching question, there are ppl in Pittsburgh who don't like him and they're all idiots.

Why did he get that upset, what am I missing?

Is the idea that he is only being asked about the USC job because racist fans want him gone?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Is the idea that he is only being asked about the USC job because racist fans want him gone?

he's upset bc the media doesn't take him seriously as a life long NFL coach. you can hear it when he asks about whether Sean Payton or Andy Reid get those questions. they absolutely do not, so why the gently caress does he?

i hate that the Steelers have anyone as cool and good at coaching as Mike Tomlin. stupid loving bucs should've hired him instead of the dozens of other dumbass coaches they had for the last decade

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I think he just is tired of being asked whether he's interested in job x or job y. I think because of the money being more, media ppl just assume that NFL coaches are nakedly ambitious parasitic money grubbing shits like every college coach.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Play posted:

Packers haven't really been shooting out at all recently. In fact they haven't even broken 27 points since the start of this month.

Granted they haven't needed to but still. There were even outgained by the hapless WFT.

I'm not saying they aren't capable of doing so because I'm sure they are but recently they've been scoring relatively normal amounts of points and it's been their defense playing quite well.

WFT literally never punted. That's why they got outgained.

They also only managed to score 10 points while going 0/4 in the redzone. Joe Barry is good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Kalli posted:

This is the best thing that Ben Baldwin has made because it shows that both PFF and ESPN's analytics are garbage.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
He's been the Steelers coach for 14 years, the 3rd longest tenured active coach. He's won a Super Bowl. He's not even 50 years old yet.

The NFL is the top of the football career pyramid, and he's pretty close to the top of that even. It's insulting to get asked about a rebuild job in minor league football. You don't ask Tony LaRussa about the Toledo Mud Hens vacancy. He has a right to be irritated at this poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

It's a combination of this, everything everyone else has already said, and the idea that because Ben's about to be gone he must be or want to be too

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The clue is in his own question of if Sean Payton or Andy Reid get asked the same questions

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
God I now really hope he takes the USC job

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1453128030428098564?t=xEYbM2XeUvJunBgx74TIUQ&s=19

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

BrownThunder posted:

The clue is in his own question of if Sean Payton or Andy Reid get asked the same questions

It's kind of a double zinger because maybe Andy Reid and Sean Payton should try out college with how the Chiefs and Saints have been playing recently.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Yea I agree with all of that, Tomlin's been around long enough that he learned any true emotion or honesty he shows gets rewarded with criticism but still has to entertain other peoples fantasies.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

It was a great response because it was very much a "Pittsburgh Steelers" response to a question that needn't to have been asked.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
This is why the question was asked.

https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1...rch-mike-tomlin

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol I can't see that as anything other than a Bengals QB stirring poo poo up for the Steelers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I assume this means some booster at usc said to the AD hey we should ask Mike Tomlin and the AD said uh sure ok yeah

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

GD_American posted:

lol I can't see that as anything other than a Bengals QB stirring poo poo up for the Steelers

Now we know the true culprit. Afc n rivalry may be the one force more powerful than racism

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Carson Palmer should apologize to Mike Tomlin for bringing his name into the USC coaching search sideshow. Peak delusional college football booster brain.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pasaluki posted:

It's kind of a double zinger because maybe Andy Reid and Sean Payton should try out college with how the Chiefs and Saints have been playing recently.

That’s the 4-2 wild card bound Saints you’re talking about buddy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1453146867517300737

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1453145406829957126

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I have no idea how Justin fields is this bad in an offense that at least has some terminology and conceptual crossover with his college offense but I'm going to default to Nagy being bad at coaching and go from there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you thought it was weird that the league went a whole full day without controversy, don't worry, to make up for it Goodell (in one half hour)

a) said an owner getting fined 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th his worth is punishment enough for heinous accusations

and

b) gave the full greenlight to a Deshaun trade happening

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chucktesla posted:

I have no idea how Justin fields is this bad in an offense that at least has some terminology and conceptual crossover with his college offense but I'm going to default to Nagy being bad at coaching and go from there

Shook + bad + Bears

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That’s the 4-2 wild card bound Saints you’re talking about buddy.

to be fair, payton is emulating tomlin by bringing in a rapist to be the QB.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Any Jags fans in Seattle wanna watch Urban Meyer embarrass the Seahawks at home??

https://twitter.com/JoeVeyera/status/1453153108683411460?t=xbwoD4ya49zv-EFu8JQDhQ&s=19

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

to be fair, payton is emulating tomlin by bringing in a rapist to be the QB.

At least Tomlin didn't know (ostensibly) he was getting a rapist.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If Anthony Averett keeps playing well maybe the Ravens can trade him at the deadline.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The 5-2 Ravens clearly aren’t going to contend this season, or in any upcoming season, and should start the fire sale now while teams will be interested in buying and perhaps overpay. I’d say send Lamar Jackson to Indianapolis for a 5th round pick and Carson Wentz. Pretty sure the Chargers will give up a 6th for Justin Tucker.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

fartknocker posted:

The 5-2 Ravens clearly aren’t going to contend this season, or in any upcoming season, and should start the fire sale now while teams will be interested in buying and perhaps overpay. I’d say send Lamar Jackson to Indianapolis for a 5th round pick and Carson Wentz. Pretty sure the Chargers will give up a 6th for Justin Tucker.

Averett is a free agent after this year and if he keeps playing well we can't bring him back anyway. And we can't make a serious run. So trade him and get something for him from a team that could use a corner. We can just pretend his leg exploded or something except we get a draft pick in return for this one.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Ravens clearly have no future. Might as well give your 1st and 2nd round picks each of the next two years to the Giants for Jason Garrett, an autographed picture of Jared Lorenzen, and an NFT of Lawrence Taylor doing coke in 1988.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
What’s ANY/A is that new?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sure the Bengals would enjoy the idea that they beat the Ravens so bad they turned a 5-2 team into sellers

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

bows1 posted:

Enya's rebranded trap alter ego

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bows1 posted:

Old Pro-football reference stat that's just another way of having a single number to tell you how a QB performed.

It's: adjusted net yards per passing attempt: (pass yards + 20*(pass TD) - 45*(interceptions thrown) - sack yards)/(passing attempts + sacks).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Phew, glad we got the McCorkle and dodged the Fields bullet!