Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

all troop leaders are either pedophiles or abusers

ok brief realpost this is a hosed up thing to say and very wrong

The problem with BSA is ironically the same thing that makes it good: it's extremely decentralized. The individual troop leaders have essentially zero oversight. This means that good troop leaders ignore certain dumb regressive rules and run awesome troops that are genuinely great for everyone involved, and others are terrible in every way it's possible to be terrible.

It's like parents that way - they aren't all bad because the high profile bad ones exist, and good ones should be thanked and encouraged

Now, back to the silliness of the thread:
Ranks

Lurker
Stupid Newbie
Forums User
Posting Superstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i was making that joke about SA mods, not the actual boy scouts

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Bad Purchase posted:

Hey now, let's not forget that we know owners and admins are huge pieces of poo poo too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

I actually still think thats kind of lovely but carry on then

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

The Bloop posted:

I actually still think thats kind of lovely but carry on then

:thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Beefed Owl posted:

Just be mindful about making any mods scout troop leaders

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm joking though, bloop, i think you are not a pedophile or an abuser and i'm sorry for implying it

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
We can sell hotdogs to raise funds

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wearing the Ban Me badge instantly gets you kicked out of the scouts.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm joking though, bloop, i think you are not a pedophile or an abuser and i'm sorry for implying it

The actual real reason mods are awful is they try to tell me how to post. And that's high treason.

Also I've never been in scouts or known anyone who was, so my knowledge of it is based on media.

To my recollection it's mainly learning to whittle sticks, roast marshmallows, tell spooky stories and bully the scout head person's kid who gets special treatment. Am I far off?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

The actual real reason mods are awful is they try to tell me how to post. And that's high treason.

Also I've never been in scouts or known anyone who was, so my knowledge of it is based on media.

To my recollection it's mainly learning to whittle sticks, roast marshmallows, tell spooky stories and bully the scout head person's kid who gets special treatment. Am I far off?

You forgot the most important thing you dunderhead

The fuckin knots

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Special handshake should be that thing Mario and Luigi do with their fingers, and say, "Glug, glug, glug!"

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Like the Hitler Youth, only with a grenade where the swastika would be and nobody would refuse the popcorn.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
We all learn krav maga from a guy in a van. It mostly involves doing running kicks at logs in a park.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Kerchiefs upcycled from unsold city name sports team shirts.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

when i was in scouts, the scout leader’s son buried his watch in the sand and forgot where he buried it

lol

he’s probably dead now

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Team-building exercise: design and build a zip line!

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i was astounded when i learned that you could just buy badges at the scout store and you didn't need to suck old dick for them

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yeah? go ahead and take a stab at it, this is a probe free zone (mods can't probe you in they own thread)

AM I BEING PROBATED

OFFICER

AM I BEING PROBATED

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
I didn't want to rush to judgement of my friends weird scary dad for being a scout master, but he was, as it turned out, a violent pedophile.

Anyway, the guys I knew from other troops had great experiences scouting, and seemed really into it. Heck, the ones I crossed paths with at Zion seemed to be earnest enough.

I guess this makes two fraternal organizations I won't let my son to join.

Mr_Companie fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 27, 2021

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mr_Companie posted:

I guess this makes two fraternal organizations I won't let my son to join.

Is the other one NAMBLA?