Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
gonna finish the last episode of the wire today and vacuum and mop the joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fish status: touched

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
got so many chores done today, not a bad day’s work

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

new year, same old me😎

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Did a release which seemed impressive because no one had done one since before the holidays so I look like a hero for pushing things out.

Back to watching Dimension 20 while avoiding thinking about Vagrant

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

boss left for the afternoon so i am gonna pretend to work for a bit so it doesnt look like im ditching out as soon as the boss is gone, then im gonna ditch out

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

we have adopted agile in a way that comes with constantly shifting tasks and a hundred small discussion/standup/planning meetings and it has absolutely destroyed my context switching tolerance and ability to get even the smallest thing done, sometimes because the thing goes back to initial planning from code review stage due to someone having concerns

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

4lokos basilisk posted:

we have adopted agile in a way that comes with constantly shifting tasks and a hundred small discussion/standup/planning meetings and it has absolutely destroyed my context switching tolerance and ability to get even the smallest thing done, sometimes because the thing goes back to initial planning from code review stage due to someone having concerns

sounds like it’s company policy to pretend to work

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Perplx posted:

sounds like it’s company policy to pretend to work

it definitely is at my company

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

The nice thing about something fairly important breaking on a Monday that you're not responsible for but which prevents you from doing things is that you don't need to pretend at all.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i'm too busy pointing out how everyone else is breaking prod to actually write code myself

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm short staff now, so just twiddling thumbs and doing nothing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

post hole digger posted:

1 hour zoom meeting with my camera off where i dont say a single word = earned 3 hours of posting and staring out the window

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger posted:

1 hour zoom meeting with my camera off where i dont say a single word = earned 3 hours of posting and staring out the window

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

post hole digger posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in 24 mins i have to do real work :qq:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Spent yesterday at a customer on-site working 100% of the time for 8h, so to keep the balance I'm gonna do jack poo poo today.

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013
There are too many parts of IT so instead of working I am thinking aimlessly about if I should get a degree so I can be more than a low-level CMS admin with no database access-

HOLD ON a magpie just landed at my bird feeder this is the best day ever

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3 day weekend coming up so im doing my best to make it a stealth 4 day weekend

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
work time approaches

i am already weary

should i nap instead?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I was feeling very tired to the point of being a bit ill today, the first day after a long weekend, mostly due to not getting enough sleep but genuinely could affect my work and so thought about taking a day off sick leave

then I saw on Slack 3 other people in our smallish team already did that before me a few minutes into the day

tired working it is

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I spent about 15 minutes today making a friction fire in my garage instead of working. I did the one where you ignite a tiny tinder/ash bundle by rolling it between two bits of wood.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hoo, really “busting rear end today”, right, fellow drones??

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Had like 6 changes requested this morning but they all took like 2 minutes tops a piece so gonna dick around for a few hours and it'll still look like I got a ton done.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

did some major changes and didn't break anything so now it's time for loop hero

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i was in-office today. i attended 3 (three) meetings and performed 1 (one) 1:1 (one-on-one)

got some code i need to write. looked at the code for a tiny bit, vaguely considering the notion of work. envisioned the solution in my head. i will consider doing a thing tomorrow, from home

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

experiencing severe poster's mania right now. the ol pos isnt moving fast enough for me to procrastinate at the speed i need to procrastinate at.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

post hole digger posted:

experiencing severe poster's mania right now. the ol pos isnt moving fast enough for me to procrastinate at the speed i need to procrastinate at.

i hate this feeling

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

will be downloading a VM all day today 👍

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
virtual m’lady

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

post hole digger posted:

the only time i can get any entertainment out of discord or twitch is when i am in this exact mood

most of the time its really annoying (i never liked irc either, i just dont care for group chats), but whenever i run out of posts my goto is discord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

are you on the disco(rd)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i set up an account but never really use it. maybe i will when im feeling restless next time

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
There's a discord?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://discord.gg/5pN8PMmV there’s a short term link

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

post hole digger posted:

drat. I understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
currently "working" from home hehe