Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i have a three hour "talent calibration" sesh in a few weeks and i honestly can't even imagine how they expect to fill that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i honestly have no idea but that sounds right

we have a hiring freeze and a real bad engineering team so if this is some kind of thunderdome to do layoffs i guess it is reasonable

ironically both of my reports turned in their notice already because it sucks here, so i dont even have any dogs in this hunt

would be pretty choice if i got laid off but i'm also down to keep Alexander G Belling it moonshine style

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

its been going amazing actually, i got an offer for a really cool company that needs my skills and also is doing something that aligns with my values way better than all the adtech jobs i've had before

one of my direct reports leaves mid-august though so i'm hanging on until then just to simplify their situation and make sure they are 'terminated' fairly (can rehire, etc)

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

post hole digger posted:

experiencing severe poster's mania right now. the ol pos isnt moving fast enough for me to procrastinate at the speed i need to procrastinate at.

the only time i can get any entertainment out of discord or twitch is when i am in this exact mood

most of the time its really annoying (i never liked irc either, i just dont care for group chats), but whenever i run out of posts my goto is discord